Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Long telescopic ladders?

Tricky Dicky wrote:

I try to get workbook/shoes that have a penetration resistant
mid-sole mainly steel but can be composites, I find these are the
most comfortable when working on a ladder. I feel the midsoles tend
to spread loading across more of your foot.

For wearing on ladders absolutely. My feet are worse for wear due to
having worn plimsolls on ladders, too much weigh concentrated on a small
area.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/11/2020 16:19, T i m wrote:
'Some people' might, others have morals / ethics and be happy to
provide (good) value for money.

I have probably done hundreds of jobs in my time for others where I
could very easily have charged (and was generally offered) money to do
so but refused, preferring to work on the 'What goes round, comes
round' idea.

That's not that I couldn't have made use of the extra cash of course,
but as long as I could live reasonably comfortably that was all I
*needed*.

So, I'd get called out by an elderly neighbour because their TV /
video had 'gone wrong' and I'd pop along (often there and then) and
sort it out for them (for nowt).

That's what being a good neighbour is all about eh?

I'm talking about people running a proper business, not do goodery.
Obviously you wouldn't charge for helping a neighbour out. I've spent
four hours today moving stuff in van and trailer for a new person in the
village. No question of asking for money.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/11/2020 10:34, T i m wrote:
Hmmmm. So a 5m 3 piece ladder could fail that tests where the same
design in 3m might not? What if all 5m ladders failed (such an
unreasonable test for the intended design / use [1]) what would you do
then?

They wouldn't, but if they did I wouldn't climb. I used ladders all day
and every day from age 17 to age 62 and I'm still here. I do actually
know quite a lot about ladders.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 17:14, williamwright wrote:
On 22/11/2020 10:34, T i m wrote:
Hmmmm. So a 5m 3 piece ladder could fail that tests where the same
design in 3m might not? What if all 5m ladders failed (such an
unreasonable test for the intended design / use [1]) what would you do
then?

They wouldn't, but if they did I wouldn't climb. I used ladders all day
and every day from age 17 to age 62 and I'm still here. I do actually
know quite a lot about ladders.

Bill

you soound quite the career ladder climber.... :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/11/2020 10:34, T i m wrote:
Hmmmm. So a 5m 3 piece ladder could fail that tests where the same
design in 3m might not? What if all 5m ladders failed (such an
unreasonable test for the intended design / use [1]) what would you do
then?

They wouldn't, but if they did I wouldn't climb. I used ladders all day
and every day from age 17 to age 62 and I'm still here. I do actually
know quite a lot about ladders.

Bill

you soound quite the career ladder climber.... :-)

his business was fitting tv aerials, amongst other things, so he used
ladders quite a lot

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 18:00, SH wrote:
you soound quite the career ladder climber

Yes but the odd thing is that I ended up in as low as position as I was
in when I started.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

williamwright wrote

you soound quite the career ladder climber

Yes but the odd thing is that I ended up in
as low as position as I was in when I started.

Beats the missionary position.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 07:53:50 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/04/2021 22:32, williamwright wrote:
On 26/04/2021 18:00, SH wrote:
you soound quite the career ladder climber

Yes but the odd thing is that I ended up in as low as position as I was
in when I started.

I think that's quite common, where an easy life is enjoyed without the
stress of management or being further up the ladder with the associated
responsibility.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/04/2021 18:00, SH wrote:
you soound quite the career ladder climber

Yes but the odd thing is that I ended up in as low as position as I was
in when I started.

I think that's quite common, where an easy life is enjoyed without the
stress of management or being further up the ladder with the associated
responsibility.

That was a joke, Joyce.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:59:09 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That was a joke, Joyce.

YOU are a joke, you abnormal 86-year-old trolling senile pest!

--
John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"

Telescopic ladders? T i m UK diy 16 November 20th 20 03:26 PM
Telescopic ladders TMH UK diy 23 September 18th 17 06:37 PM
Telescopic ladders? Lobster UK diy 4 March 17th 11 11:35 AM
telescopic tubing Vittorio Metalworking 3 September 15th 03 04:41 PM