Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix screw-up

I ordered something last Thursday, which was on 24-48hr deliver to my
local shop. Nothing wrong with that.

Except it hadn't arrived by Saturday and the staff (because I was there
to pick something else up) stonewalled me.

Fast forward to Monday, when again I'm there to pick up something else
they have in stock.

My Thursday order has disappeared into a black hole.

The staff say it's the fault of Parcelforce (who they claim deliver
all these warehouse-store things, rather than having their own
internal transport).

Even more bizarre, they say they can't alert me to the delay because
their phones have been out for several days.

So which phone told me I could pick up this morning's in-stock orders?

My question is mainly this: has anyone else ever had an apologetic SMS
from Screwfix (a shop whose phones hadn't been out-for-days) saying the
24-48hr delivery schedule has been missed?

Anyway they've now refunded and re-issued the order (from their shop
having no phone access) with this comforting disclaimer:

While we try our hardest to get your products to you in time and
in perfect condition, we suggest that you don't schedule any
installation work until a few days after the expected delivery
date, just in case you need to resolve any technical questions
or order additional fittings if necessary.

No mention, however, of "Or ParcelFarce has ****ed up yet again".
--
Roland Perry