Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Screwfix screw-up

In message , at 12:17:43 on Mon, 2 Nov
2020, Andy Burns remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:

The staff say it's the fault of Parcelforce (who they claim deliver
all these warehouse-store things,

That's true, I've had next-day click & collect items which had a
parcelforce label addressed to

"The Manager, Screwfix, XYZ Town"

I was surprised they didn't piggy-back the customer orders on their
regular (daily? they seem to have plenty of lorries) stock
replenishment runs.

As far as I can tell this changed during the first lockdown, before
which they were very reliable at getting "next day" orders delivered to
the stores using their own transport.

I can only hazard a guess that staff shortages (or even order-shortages)
reduced their own-transport deliveries to less frequent than daily.

Now sat on the edge of my chair awaiting an SMS to confirm that the
re-order they did in-store at 11:30am on Monday really does turn out to
be "available to collect from 12 noon Weds"[1], according to the chitty
they printed out.

FWIW the different online order I placed at 8am on Monday still hasn't
turned up.

[1] I'm kind of assuming that that 12-noon is what they tell everyone,
rather than being 48.5hrs after the specific order was placed.
--
Roland Perry