Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Premazor 57 weed killer

Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 9:15:20 PM UTC+1, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

Ive turned up one source recommending 45ml per 5-10l but no indication of the recommended applicator for that dilution
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:33, Martin Brown wrote:
On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

Maybe he still thinks "Grandfather Rghts" exist...

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no
help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

Agreed, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLTc...DEgIkxhL9vDRUw

10oml in 5 litre knapsack sprayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

Maybe he still thinks "Grandfather Rghts" exist...

It wasn't *that* difficult or expensive to go on a course to turn
"Grandfather Rghts" into a proper qualification when "Grandfather
Rghts" stopped being allowed. I'm not sure if such courses are still
available.

In my experience it can be really quite difficult to find dilution
rates for herbicide etc., it often takes me quite a while to work out
what's needed from the information supplied on the container (which is
often quite extensive and in very small print). Once I've found it
though I tend to write a simple version of what I actually need in
large letters on the container.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

Maybe he still thinks "Grandfather Rghts" exist...

It wasn't *that* difficult or expensive to go on a course to turn
"Grandfather Rghts" into a proper qualification when "Grandfather
Rghts" stopped being allowed. I'm not sure if such courses are still
available.

They are, although whether amateurs can use them is open to question.
For example, see he
https://www.newlandstraining.co.uk/pesticide-application/fepa-spraying/pesticide-spraying-training-course/

The course is £130 (+VAT), but is intended for those "... employed
within the agriculture or horticulture industries, and if you are
responsible for the storage, handling and application of pesticides."

Quite a few FAQs he
https://www.hse.gov.uk/pesticides/using-pesticides/general/faq-agricultural-use-of-pesticides.htm
in particular Q8 needs to be read. Then you can download and read the
whole 168 pages of the Code of Practice for using plant protection
products he
https://www.hse.gov.uk/pesticides/using-pesticides/codes-of-practice/code-of-practice-for-using-plant-protection-products.htm

It seems to me that they are trying to make it as difficult as possible
for amateurs to use professional PPP in their gardens.

In my experience it can be really quite difficult to find dilution
rates for herbicide etc., it often takes me quite a while to work out
what's needed from the information supplied on the container (which is
often quite extensive and in very small print). Once I've found it
though I tend to write a simple version of what I actually need in
large letters on the container.

I think that's because the instructions are often in terms of "Use X
litres of product per hectare" rather than "take 5 ml and dilute to 1
litre to treat 20 sq m".

--

Jeff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no
help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

Agreed, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLTc...DEgIkxhL9vDRUw

10oml in 5 litre knapsack sprayer

Dont know how I missed that. Many thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 9:33:12 PM UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Because they banned Simazine which I often used

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

Maybe he still thinks "Grandfather Rghts" exist...

It wasn't *that* difficult or expensive to go on a course to turn
"Grandfather Rghts" into a proper qualification when "Grandfather
Rghts" stopped being allowed. I'm not sure if such courses are still
available.

In my experience it can be really quite difficult to find dilution
rates for herbicide etc., it often takes me quite a while to work out
what's needed from the information supplied on the container (which is
often quite extensive and in very small print). Once I've found it
though I tend to write a simple version of what I actually need in
large letters on the container.

I spray a horse paddock every two or three years. I found the data for
Grazon 90 and Grazon Pro reasonably accessible, and the calcs are easy
enough with a calculator or spreadsheet. It turns out that with my
sprayer set to a nice fine mist, and driving at a walking pace you get
pretty much the right coverage in a single pass. (I did a "calibration"
run at half concentration).

Last time I looked up the rules I reckoned my years working in research
laboratories with reasonably hazardous materials provided the required
training and experience. I'm careful to comply with the rules about
watercourses.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jeff Layman
writes
Snip

It seems to me that they are trying to make it as difficult as possible
for amateurs to use professional PPP in their gardens.

In my experience it can be really quite difficult to find dilution
rates for herbicide etc., it often takes me quite a while to work out
what's needed from the information supplied on the container (which is
often quite extensive and in very small print). Once I've found it
though I tend to write a simple version of what I actually need in
large letters on the container.

I think that's because the instructions are often in terms of "Use X
litres of product per hectare" rather than "take 5 ml and dilute to 1
litre to treat 20 sq m".

My Grandfather rights expired long ago!

You still need *training* to use a knapsack sprayer!

Product mixes for agricultural/horticultural use are usually specified
as litres/hectare which is a bit stiff if applied with a garden watering
can!

A rule of thumb might say those rates are not far off if spray is
applied as a fine mist (hand held or knapsack) but not to the point of
visibly wetting/runoff from leaves.

Kindly don't sue me if your lawn goes stripy:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
[...]

We have 9 acres of land which is registered as agricultural, while I
may be an amateur it certainly isn't my 'garden'! :-) The course I
went on was aimed at such as me and the guy who came round to test me
(yes, a real, live, test - watching me do it in practice) seemed to be
sensible in that my 'locked store' wasn't all that secure and what he
was most concerned about was whether I wasn't a complete twit and
either knew what I was doing or knew that I didn't know and would look
it up.

In my experience it can be really quite difficult to find dilution
rates for herbicide etc., it often takes me quite a while to work out
what's needed from the information supplied on the container (which is
often quite extensive and in very small print). Once I've found it
though I tend to write a simple version of what I actually need in
large letters on the container.

I think that's because the instructions are often in terms of "Use X
litres of product per hectare" rather than "take 5 ml and dilute to 1
litre to treat 20 sq m".

Exactly, usually there's a little sort of afterthought that gives
suggested dilution for back-pack and hand-held sprayers, you just need
to find it.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
fred writes
On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is
no help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Because they banned Simazine which I often used

Ah well. Now we are out of the EU all things will be put right!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/08/2020 21:15, fred wrote:
Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

What the hell are you doing with an agricultural formulation pesticide
if you don't know WTF you are doing?

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Because they banned Simazine which I often used

Used or abused? The main reason it got banned was irresponsible use.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 13:15:17 -0700 (PDT), fred
wrote:

Can anyone advise the dilutions rates for this product. Google is no help (for me anyway)

100ml to 5 litres according to :-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLTcoNlv9lE

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green was thinking very hard :
Once I've found it
though I tend to write a simple version of what I actually need in
large letters on the container.

That is what I do, with a mix capacity to suit my spray container.

WHERE does weed killer get INTO the plant (leaves? roots? stem? mechanism?) Elmo[_6_] Home Repair 39 June 24th 18 06:30 AM
Weed Killer ROANIN[_2_] Home Repair 41 October 1st 10 02:19 AM
spot weed killer? tenplay Home Repair 32 July 7th 10 05:32 PM
DIY Weed Killer (Effective Stuff) Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk UK diy 58 May 13th 08 07:36 AM
Weed killer for driveway? RobertM Home Repair 28 April 18th 06 05:47 PM