JK

Default Water filter cartridges

New house has an under-sink water filter system. The tap is a rather
nice one made by Franke and the filtration system is called Triflow. I
feel I should replace the cartridge as I have no idea how old the old
one is. Anyone know a good/cheap supplier online?

Also, does one have to fit a particular brand of filter unit, or are
they a generic size?

Many thanks,

John
Neil Jones

JK wrote:
New house has an under-sink water filter system. The tap is a rather
nice one made by Franke and the filtration system is called Triflow. I
feel I should replace the cartridge as I have no idea how old the old
one is. Anyone know a good/cheap supplier online?

I have bought replacement Triflow cartridges from

http://www.water-systems.co.uk/

They certainly seem to filter out the iron particles in my water supply
as effectively as the original one.

I replace ours when the flow slows down noticably which is precumably
when the filter is clogged up.

Neil

Stuart

JK wrote:

New house has an under-sink water filter system. The tap is a rather
nice one made by Franke and the filtration system is called Triflow. I
feel I should replace the cartridge as I have no idea how old the old
one is. Anyone know a good/cheap supplier online?

Also, does one have to fit a particular brand of filter unit, or are
they a generic size?

They are not all the same. http://www.pureflo.co.uk/ are ok. You could
always replace the cartridge type to a different one.

S.
JK

Neil Jones wrote:

JK wrote:

New house has an under-sink water filter system. The tap is a rather
nice one made by Franke and the filtration system is called Triflow. I
feel I should replace the cartridge as I have no idea how old the old
one is. Anyone know a good/cheap supplier online?

I have bought replacement Triflow cartridges from

http://www.water-systems.co.uk/

Thanks, I'll givethem a try

They certainly seem to filter out the iron particles in my water supply
as effectively as the original one.

Surely a tea strainer would do that!

I replace ours when the flow slows down noticably which is precumably
when the filter is clogged up.

They say 6 months. I wonder how bad the consequences would be if you
never bothered.
JK

Stuart wrote:

JK wrote:

New house has an under-sink water filter system. The tap is a rather
nice one made by Franke and the filtration system is called Triflow. I
feel I should replace the cartridge as I have no idea how old the old
one is. Anyone know a good/cheap supplier online?

Also, does one have to fit a particular brand of filter unit, or are
they a generic size?

They are not all the same. http://www.pureflo.co.uk/ are ok. You could
always replace the cartridge type to a different one.

S.

Looks a bit too complicated, I just want to drop in a compatible, it's
one of a million jobs I have in the new place.

Neil Jones

JK wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:

JK wrote:

New house has an under-sink water filter system. The tap is a
rather nice one made by Franke and the filtration system is called
Triflow. I feel I should replace the cartridge as I have no idea
how old the old one is. Anyone know a good/cheap supplier online?

I have bought replacement Triflow cartridges from

http://www.water-systems.co.uk/

Thanks, I'll givethem a try

They certainly seem to filter out the iron particles in my water
supply as effectively as the original one.

Surely a tea strainer would do that!

Well, not really. The iron is in suspension in my supply - I think part
of the main is the old iron pipe some I imagine this is where it picks
it up from.

I replace ours when the flow slows down noticably which is precumably
when the filter is clogged up.

They say 6 months. I wonder how bad the consequences would be if you
never bothered.

In our case, you wouldn't get any water eventually.

The part number I have bought from Greene's (from the previous link) is
064723. They are about £25 each - I don't know how much a real Triflow
cartridge costs from Triflow Avilion.

Neil

Neil

JK

Neil Jones wrote:

The part number I have bought from Greene's (from the previous link) is
064723. They are about £25 each - I don't know how much a real Triflow
cartridge costs from Triflow Avilion.

Just ordered one. Avilion don't seem to sell direct from their site.
Given this one is made under the Doulton brand I guess it will be fine.
Graham Wilson

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:23:23 +0100, JK wrote:

They say 6 months. I wonder how bad the consequences would be if you
never bothered.

My parents own a narrow boat.

It has a very advanced water filtration system.

As you can imagine, many of the water supply taps located on the
canal/river system are situated miles from the main supply pipes. This
means that the water can sit in the pipes for long periods of time.

In particular, there is a serious problem from the use of lead piping.
Running the tap for several minutes does not always solve the problem.

I know that the boat's water system will eventually shut down if the
cartridges can no longer properly filter the water.

I presume you don't have that luxury with a simple water filter
cartridge.

The big risk must be that bacteria starts to breed in a simple water
filter cartridge.

Graham

Neil Jones

Graham Wilson wrote:
The big risk must be that bacteria starts to breed in a simple water
filter cartridge.

I don't know about that - the incoming water is chlorinated to eliminate
bacteria, isn't it? You would only have this risk for water which had
sat in the filter for a long time before you used it. All the filters I
have seen advise you to run the water to waste for a minute or two if it
hasn't been used for a few days.

Neil

Graham Wilson

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:19:55 +0100, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

I don't know about that - the incoming water is chlorinated to eliminate
bacteria, isn't it? You would only have this risk for water which had
sat in the filter for a long time before you used it. All the filters I
have seen advise you to run the water to waste for a minute or two if it
hasn't been used for a few days.

Apparently, live bacteria growing inside the cartridge can pass from
the filter and into the drinking water.

Graham

Kenmore Refrigerator Water Filter Light Forever Green Naugahyde Home Repair 17 December 20th 17 07:34 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM
Flushing / Cleaning Hot Water Heater Help Needed Cuse Home Repair 38 December 1st 03 02:01 AM