Graham Wilson

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:23:23 +0100, JK wrote:

They say 6 months. I wonder how bad the consequences would be if you
never bothered.

My parents own a narrow boat.

It has a very advanced water filtration system.

As you can imagine, many of the water supply taps located on the
canal/river system are situated miles from the main supply pipes. This
means that the water can sit in the pipes for long periods of time.

In particular, there is a serious problem from the use of lead piping.
Running the tap for several minutes does not always solve the problem.

I know that the boat's water system will eventually shut down if the
cartridges can no longer properly filter the water.

I presume you don't have that luxury with a simple water filter
cartridge.

The big risk must be that bacteria starts to breed in a simple water
filter cartridge.

Graham