tony sayer

Default Miele washing machines

In article , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , John
writes
In 28 years I am only on my second Indesit. I have just replaced the
motor
brushes after 14 years. We have two children - both go horse riding

and
so
we have washed all the baby things (20 years ago) and are still doing
loads
of washing.

I agree with the advice to go for a simple machine. Ensure the feet

are
really well adjusted. Avoid extended warranties. Avoid washer/ dryer
combinations.

If has a serious problem - get rid and buy a new one (after trying

some
switch cleaner on the programmer)

I think that Which-type results are a bit suspect. People who buy more
costly appliances tend to get very defensive about them. A bit like

Volvo
drivers saying how reliable the cars are - but they forget how much

they
spend on services (or VW - or others) (or that really expensive Vacuum
cleaner that needs you to take out a mortgage)

Actually we've got a Volvo 850 estate and its never been a moments
trouble. Done 135 K miles and the engine sounds like its just been run
in. And it no longer goes to main dealers since they were bought out by
another lot. A local mechanic looks after it and its tickety boo. Still
got that very solid feel about it too.

I had one of those for a few days while my car was being repaired after I
was shunted. I thought it was dog.

We got one because a mate of mine worked in a vehicle recovery business
and I once asked him what was the best motor in which to survive an
accident...

The reply was quite simple " The ones in Range rovers, big four traks,
big Mercs and Volvo's are the ones that walk away from them, and are in
a fit state to call the emergency services for the other's involved"..

See yesterdays Sunday Times. Toyota Avensis and Renault are tops. And you
don't have to wear and anorak in them either.

Yes I'll have a look at the motoring section by about Friday I have to
make the times stretch all week.

Mind you, I got that info off a man whose spent 40 years scraping wrecks
off the road, so what does he know that the times doesn't.

And if you read that bull**** they wrote the other day about digital
radio you'll believe anything:-((..
--
Tony Sayer

IMM

"tony sayer" wrote in message

I beg to differ on BMW being a "quality" item.
The reliability is only average.

Funny how people go after them
though.

Image and reality don't always go hand in hand. BMW is a classic case.

---

IMM

"tony sayer" wrote in message

See yesterdays Sunday Times. Toyota Avensis and Renault are tops. And

you
don't have to wear and anorak in them either.

Yes I'll have a look at the motoring section by about Friday I have to
make the times stretch all week.

Mind you, I got that info off a man whose spent 40 years scraping wrecks
off the road, so what does he know that the times doesn't.

The lastest tests.

And if you read that bull**** they wrote the other day about digital
radio you'll believe anything:-((..

What did they say?

---

tony sayer

In article , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

See yesterdays Sunday Times. Toyota Avensis and Renault are tops. And

you
don't have to wear and anorak in them either.

Yes I'll have a look at the motoring section by about Friday I have to
make the times stretch all week.

Mind you, I got that info off a man whose spent 40 years scraping wrecks
off the road, so what does he know that the times doesn't.

The lastest tests.

Done by whom?..

And if you read that bull**** they wrote the other day about digital
radio you'll believe anything:-((..

What did they say?

Usual crap about CD quality...

--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer

In article , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

I beg to differ on BMW being a "quality" item.
The reliability is only average.

Funny how people go after them
though.

Image and reality don't always go hand in hand. BMW is a classic case.

Actually I'll ask matey in the breakdown recovery bizz what his
practical experiences are...
--
Tony Sayer

Andy Hall

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:51:50 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

And if you read that bull**** they wrote the other day about digital
radio you'll believe anything:-((..

What did they say?

Usual crap about CD quality...

Must be good, it's digital, and that's *always* better ;-)
Claude Shannon, eat your heart out........

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

See yesterdays Sunday Times. Toyota Avensis and Renault are tops. And

you
don't have to wear and anorak in them either.

Yes I'll have a look at the motoring section by about Friday I have to
make the times stretch all week.

Mind you, I got that info off a man whose spent 40 years scraping

wrecks
off the road, so what does he know that the times doesn't.

The lastest tests.

Done by whom?..

European something. All in the ST.

---

Dave Plowman

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I beg to differ on BMW being a "quality" item.
The reliability is only average.

Funny how people go after them
though.

Image and reality don't always go hand in hand. BMW is a classic case.

There speaks one who's never owned one. Once you have you tend to be
hooked.

--
*A hangover is the wrath of grapes.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
IMM

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

I beg to differ on BMW being a "quality" item.
The reliability is only average.

Funny how people go after them
though.

Image and reality don't always go hand in hand. BMW is a classic case.

I have had a 520 BMW for 6 years and it's done a lot of mileage. The
clutch went at 120,000 miles, I don't know about you but I'd call that
reliable. The most reliable car I've had bar none.

The breakdown organisations data says differently.

---

Dave Plowman

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I have had a 520 BMW for 6 years and it's done a lot of mileage. The
clutch went at 120,000 miles, I don't know about you but I'd call that
reliable. The most reliable car I've had bar none.

The breakdown organisations data says differently.

I've had three 5 Series in the past 10 or so years - an E28, 34 and now an
E39. Only one ever broke down, and that was a faulty alternator at about
90,000 miles on the E34. And it only broke down because I kept going until
the battery died as I was on my way to work.

My brother still has the E28, and is determined to run it past 250,000
miles.

Sure they all have niggles that can cause problems, but what car hasn't?

--
*If at first you don't succeed, try management *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

John Laird

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 02:04:27 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

I beg to differ on BMW being a "quality" item.
The reliability is only average.

Funny how people go after them
though.

Image and reality don't always go hand in hand. BMW is a classic case.

I have had a 520 BMW for 6 years and it's done a lot of mileage. The
clutch went at 120,000 miles, I don't know about you but I'd call that
reliable. The most reliable car I've had bar none.

The breakdown organisations data says differently.

I won't disagree. I ran a 316 and a 318i for a total of 14 years. The
latter was the most enjoyable car I've owned, but by far the least reliable,
and it was serviced on the dot. Weakest point was the hydraulic clutch.
Either cylinder would let go with little or no warning. Slave cylinder
dumped fluid outside, master dumped it all over the drivers footwell.
Average life of a pair was 3-4 years (and they had to be changed as a pair).
The radiator gave out with a bang, likewise coolant hoses, alternator
mounts, two fuel relays, battery earth mounting point (all around the
100-120K mark). And the clutch was replaced. A Cavalier I owned at the
same time let me down once in 7 years when the camshaft snapped. Ran that
to nearly 150K miles, on its original clutch.

I couldn't really recommend a 3-series, although to be fair they are now
about 3 models further on.

--
John