tony sayer

Default Miele washing machines

In article , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , John
writes
In 28 years I am only on my second Indesit. I have just replaced the
motor
brushes after 14 years. We have two children - both go horse riding

and
so
we have washed all the baby things (20 years ago) and are still doing
loads
of washing.

I agree with the advice to go for a simple machine. Ensure the feet

are
really well adjusted. Avoid extended warranties. Avoid washer/ dryer
combinations.

If has a serious problem - get rid and buy a new one (after trying

some
switch cleaner on the programmer)

I think that Which-type results are a bit suspect. People who buy more
costly appliances tend to get very defensive about them. A bit like

Volvo
drivers saying how reliable the cars are - but they forget how much

they
spend on services (or VW - or others) (or that really expensive Vacuum
cleaner that needs you to take out a mortgage)

Actually we've got a Volvo 850 estate and its never been a moments
trouble. Done 135 K miles and the engine sounds like its just been run
in. And it no longer goes to main dealers since they were bought out by
another lot. A local mechanic looks after it and its tickety boo. Still
got that very solid feel about it too.

I had one of those for a few days while my car was being repaired after I
was shunted. I thought it was dog.

We got one because a mate of mine worked in a vehicle recovery business
and I once asked him what was the best motor in which to survive an
accident...

The reply was quite simple " The ones in Range rovers, big four traks,
big Mercs and Volvo's are the ones that walk away from them, and are in
a fit state to call the emergency services for the other's involved"..

See yesterdays Sunday Times. Toyota Avensis and Renault are tops. And you
don't have to wear and anorak in them either.

Yes I'll have a look at the motoring section by about Friday I have to
make the times stretch all week.

Mind you, I got that info off a man whose spent 40 years scraping wrecks
off the road, so what does he know that the times doesn't.

And if you read that bull**** they wrote the other day about digital
radio you'll believe anything:-((..
--
Tony Sayer