Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plunger in my bidet is releasing water

When using my bidet water is escaping as the plunger causes the plug to rise -
it doesnt stay closed

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...r-1429218-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/05/2020 03:44, DIY Lady wrote:
When using my bidet water is escaping as the plunger causes the plug to
rise -
it doesnt stay closed

Do you mean it has a "push up" waste fitting, and the weight of the
linkage and plunger is causing it open slightly?

Many of these can be adjusted easily. If you look at the waste linkage,
there is normally a vertical bar on the end of the plunge lever, and
that connects via a link block to the horizontal bar that enters the
side of the fitting at the bottom of the basin, and acts as a leaver to
raise of lower the plug.

It normally passes through a nylon ball retained in a socket via a
knurled tightening cap. This not only keeps the connection water tight,
bit also allows you to adjust the amount of friction that keeps the
leaver in the desired position. Simply tighten the cap a bit for more
friction.

See around 1:10 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OuWG7fEwt8

--