Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Setting in-set windows into box profile cladding

I need to continue replacing the asbestos-cement panels on an ex-chicken
house with box profile 0.5mm steel panels. I'll be replacing all the 2x2
studwork because what's there is either in the wrong place, rotten or
wormed. The problem is that I can't see how to inset the steel windows.
The windows are side-fixing and will sit on the raised part of the
profile (whereas the lower part of the profile will be attached to the
studwork). This must be a standard problem so I hope someone here knows
the "obvious" solution that's evading me at the moment.