Vortex

Default Curious Cladding Profile. Identification assistance please!

Hi,

My home was built in the early 60's. At the back the balcony wall is clad
with 7/8" timber on a 4" pitch.

Cladding profile: http://www.hernibles.com/xsect.jpg
In situ: http://www.hernibles.com/wall.jpg

You can see there are 2 types of boards: "underlapping" and "overlapping"

I guess it is p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e that someone still makes this though I've
never seen anything like it anywhere.

I'm sure I can emulate the "look" by taking a router to conventional 21mm
T&G.....but before I do....can anybody suggest where I could obtain the real
Mc Coy?

David

..

Vortex wrote:
Hi,

My home was built in the early 60's. At the back the balcony wall is

clad
with 7/8" timber on a 4" pitch.

Cladding profile: http://www.hernibles.com/xsect.jpg
In situ: http://www.hernibles.com/wall.jpg

You can see there are 2 types of boards: "underlapping" and

"overlapping"

I guess it is p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e that someone still makes this though

I've
never seen anything like it anywhere.

I'm sure I can emulate the "look" by taking a router to conventional

21mm
T&G.....but before I do....can anybody suggest where I could obtain

the real
Mc Coy?

David

I can see why its uncmomon: half the joints encourage water to go
inwards instead of out. If I were replacing it all I'd change the joint
arrangement, making all the joints run the same way. Should help it
last longer.

Cant help re sources though.

NT

Rick

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:11:16 +0100, "Vortex"
wrote:

Hi,

My home was built in the early 60's. At the back the balcony wall is clad
with 7/8" timber on a 4" pitch.

Cladding profile: http://www.hernibles.com/xsect.jpg
In situ: http://www.hernibles.com/wall.jpg

You can see there are 2 types of boards: "underlapping" and "overlapping"

I guess it is p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e that someone still makes this though I've
never seen anything like it anywhere.

I'm sure I can emulate the "look" by taking a router to conventional 21mm
T&G.....but before I do....can anybody suggest where I could obtain the real
Mc Coy?

David

.

Any half decent wood yard will make it up from a sample, some will
even preasure treat what they make, thus extending the life..

Rick