Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chlorinated Chicken costume. Advice needed

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Having overdosed on quack virus cures (in anticipation of the future
need...), I had the notion to try my cluck at DIYing a Chlorinated
Chicken costume. This as part of my plan to perform "Let's all sing
like the birdys sing" for my granddaughter via Skype.

I can manage most of the kit, but having an awkward head shape I'm
finding it difficult to get a pink rubber glove stretched onto my
skull.

Does anyone have tips on getting my cockscomb into place for the
event?
Oil?
Soapy water?
Or, something more craftsmanlike?

If you what to accurately represent a chlorinated chicken, you need a
costume which makes you look like a plucked chicken, possibly even a
headless one. They dip the chickens after plucking ( and I think gutting)
in a very weak solution of chlorinated water, then a rinse bath etc. The
idea is to kill nasty beasts on the surface.

A similar process is used here to wash things like salad etc that goes into
prewashed bags of salad, fruit etc sold in shops.

So, in the interests of decency, probably best to just stick to being an
ordinary chicken ;-)

--
https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 07:49:49 +0000 (UTC), Brian Reay
wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
[...]

OK, let's split the diff (ouch!) and settle for "Aspiring Chlorinated
Chicken"
--

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
[...]

;-)

You also need to practice and American accent. AFAIK, the US is the only
country which uses the process, although, personally, I don't have an
issue with it.

Some years back, our eldest was studying in France and shared a flat
with another English student. They decided to buy a chicken for Sunday
dinner and went to an (excellent) market in Renne to buy a fresh
chicken. We'd taught our girls how to cook a roast dinner so eldest was
quite confident she knew what to do. However, she got a shock when she
opened the bag and discovered the head and neck were still attached.

I got a rather flustered phone call and had to explain that was quite
normal and she just needed to cut of the head and neck, discard the
head, boil the neck as she'd been shown with the giblets etc to make the
stock for the gravy. My wife insisted this was too gruesome for my
speech at eldest's wedding.

--

https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
[...]

===

Poor lass Even I wouldn't like to deal with that, but D. would have no
problem with it He is a shooter and whatever he brings home, he cleans
it out first)

He wouldn't leave the head on and the giblets in lol

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Having overdosed on quack virus cures (in anticipation of the future
need...), I had the notion to try my cluck at DIYing a Chlorinated
Chicken costume. This as part of my plan to perform "Let's all sing
like the birdys sing" for my granddaughter via Skype.

I can manage most of the kit, but having an awkward head shape I'm
finding it difficult to get a pink rubber glove stretchedÂ* onto my
[...]

problem with itÂ*Â* He is a shooter and whatever he brings home, he
cleans it out first)

He wouldn't leave the head on and the giblets in lol

I attended a short course on keeping chickens which included how to
dispatch one and prepare it for cooking. It isn't something I've done
since but I'm sure I could, if I needed to.

--
https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-...forced-labour/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
[...]

====

I guess that since D. is shooting what he brings me.... Do you think it
is less cruel?

What did the course teach you to do?

--
https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-...forced-labour/

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
[...]

no problem with itÂ*Â* He is a shooter and whatever he brings home, he
cleans it out first)

He wouldn't leave the head on and the giblets in lol

I attended a short course on keeping chickens which included how to
dispatch one and prepare it for cooking. It isn't something I've done
since but I'm sure I could, if I needed to.

====

Â*Â* I guess that since D. is shooting what he brings me....Â* Do you
think it is less cruel?

Shooting game birds? I don't know. I'd think it is an instant death. I
don't have an issue with it, provided someone eats them. Ditto rabbits
etc.

Â*Â* What did the course teach you to do?

Basics of keeping chickens (small scale) and how to dispatch one and
prepare it for the table. It was run by a local group for those
interested in small 'hobby scale' farming. It was quite some time back.
If we were to get chickens now, I'd have to do some research to refresh
my memory on the theory side. The practical side is less detailed.

--
https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-...forced-labour/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
[...]

OK at least you have some idea of what to do. I just cook what he brings
in.!

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
[...]

Mate of mine used to do it regularly.

Then one time she was chopping the head off one
when the Joveys came calling. She came around the
side of the house with the flapping headless chook
in one hand, spurting blood.

For some odd reason the Joveys never came calling again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 07:49 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SEVEN HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 07:49:39 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

07:49??? ROTFLOL So it's your EIGHTH HOUR of trolling this night, you
clinically insane 86-year-old trolling senile pest! LOL

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
[...]

Depends on how good a shot you are.

I don't have an issue with it, provided someone eats them. Ditto rabbits
etc.

What did the course teach you to do?

Basics of keeping chickens (small scale) and how to dispatch one and
prepare it for the table. It was run by a local group for those interested
in small 'hobby scale' farming. It was quite some time back. If we were
to get chickens now, I'd have to do some research to refresh my memory on
the theory side. The practical side is less detailed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 08:05:25 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
woman you know even if it is the only thing with a Female name that stays
around around while you talk it to it.
Poor sad git who has to resort to Usenet and electronic devices for any
interaction as all real people run a mile to get away from from you boring
them to death."
MID: