Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Chlorinated Chicken costume. Advice needed

Mike Halmarack wrote:
Having overdosed on quack virus cures (in anticipation of the future
need...), I had the notion to try my cluck at DIYing a Chlorinated
Chicken costume. This as part of my plan to perform "Let's all sing
like the birdys sing" for my granddaughter via Skype.

I can manage most of the kit, but having an awkward head shape I'm
finding it difficult to get a pink rubber glove stretched onto my
skull.

Does anyone have tips on getting my cockscomb into place for the
event?
Oil?
Soapy water?
Or, something more craftsmanlike?

If you what to accurately represent a chlorinated chicken, you need a
costume which makes you look like a plucked chicken, possibly even a
headless one. They dip the chickens after plucking ( and I think gutting)
in a very weak solution of chlorinated water, then a rinse bath etc. The
idea is to kill nasty beasts on the surface.

A similar process is used here to wash things like salad etc that goes into
prewashed bags of salad, fruit etc sold in shops.

So, in the interests of decency, probably best to just stick to being an
ordinary chicken ;-)

--
https://www.unitedway.org/our-impact...an-trafficking