Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY coming to a halt

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message ...

On 22/04/2020 14:32, Ophelia wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message ...

On 22/04/2020 10:48, Rod Speed wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

===

You had better hope your Mrs doesn't see that g

She doesnt appear to speak english.

I will try and get her on to have a word with you.....

====

LOL that should be interesting))

Hello Ophelia Geraldine here nice to here from I am glad you can make
out what I was sayining in the video how are things up north nice sunny
day here

===

Hi Geraldine) How lovely to hear from you)) LOL of course I
understood what you were saying g Take no notice of thickos here ))

It's been brilliant sunshine for ages, cold winds though. We never seem
to get rain when it is forecast so not sure what is happening. Some of my
pot plants are dying off. I've never seen that before, not outside
anyway Lack of rain

Anyway don't you do any if his jobs until he has learned to do that
'sugar' thing)) LOL

Have a good day)

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/20 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

It's always worthwhile using a search engine to find what you want. I
found some paint of exactly the right kind and colour from this lot:

https://www.brooklyntrading.co.uk

It was delivered in 2 or 3 days.

As others have said ebay is worth a shot. Yesterday I ordered some
paint, again of the right kind and colour, from an ebay trader. It's
already on a lorry and should be here tomorrow.

Don't assume you can only get stuff from the big sheds.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2020 15:27, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 13:30:37 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

Then perhaps you could refrain from posting to such a boring group? ;-)

I really don't think he can. It will be good when the schools go back
and we can be rid of him.

Cheers, T i m

how sarcastic ...ha ha

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

===

You had better hope your Mrs doesn't see that g

She doesnt appear to speak english.

Hello Mr Australia man...what was that you were saying?

What you spoke on the unboxing video wasnt english.

Or was that the bimbo he has on the side ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

===

You had better hope your Mrs doesn't see that g

She doesnt appear to speak english.

Hello Mr Australia man...what was that you were saying?

only kidding that was me ... tee hee

Now you tell me...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 05:03:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

John addressing the senile Australian pest:
"You are a complete idiot. But you make me larf. LOL"
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live
and no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

===

You had better hope your Mrs doesn'tÂ* see that g

She doesnt appear to speak english.

I will try and get her on to have a word with you.....

====

Â* LOL that should be interesting))

Hello Ophelia Geraldine here nice to here from I am glad you can make
out what I was sayining in the video how are things up north nice sunny
day here

===

Â* Hi Geraldine)Â*Â* How lovely to hear from you))Â* LOL of course I
understood what you were saying g Take no notice of thickos here ))

Â*It's been brilliant sunshine for ages, cold winds though.Â*Â* We never
seem to get rain when it is forecast so not sure what is happening.
Some of my potÂ*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* plants are dying off.Â* I've never seen that before,
not outside anywayÂ* Lack of rain

Â*Anyway don't you do any if his jobs until he has learned to do that
'sugar' thing)) LOL

Â*Have a good day)

Â* O

Hi Ophelia yes it has been windy here to, not very good with plants I
try to grow them but not very good at it I seem to kill them lol

Jim would not have the patience to do sugar craft or cake decorating,
but on saying that he does help me to sculpt some cakes stay safe Gerry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 05:02:24 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH all the idiotic senile ****

--
Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message ...
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

===

You had better hope your Mrs doesn't see that g

She doesnt appear to speak english.

===

I understood everything she said in that vid!

But you are surrounded by those
butchers of the language, and midges.

Is that what you are referring to?

Yep.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 22/04/2020 14:31, Ophelia wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

===

You had better hope your Mrs doesn't see that g

She doesnt appear to speak english.

===

I understood everything she said in that vid! Is that what you are
referring to?

yes...nothing wrong with her accent....

You're only saying that because she is standing
behind you with the rolling pin raised....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 22 April 2020 08:35:45 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

I'm surprised you can't get anything from ebay

Try getting a suicide vest or an IUD.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 05:24 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for ONE HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 05:24:29 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

05:24 already? LOL Is the day dawning in Australia already, you abnormal
sleepless 86-year-old trolling senile sow?

--
Java Jive to senile Rot:
You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 05:22:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

We have had no rain and I have never been used to that, so I
haven't been taking much notice(

I am going to have to start again with some of them((

Jim would not have the patience to do sugar craft or cake decorating,
but on saying that he does help me to sculpt some cakes stay safe Gerry

LOL so ... at least he has his uses eh??? G

You stay safe too m'dear)))

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 22 Apr 2020 10:17:29 +0100 (BST), Theo wrote:

I needed a tiny amount of magnolia paint for touching up.

That being rather too long, the only option was to buy 10 litres for a
tenner from Screwfix. And I'm now wondering what to do with the
remaining 9993ml.

Depending on the colour match you might need to do the whole wall...

Colour match is pretty much perfect. It appears the existing is silk
and new is matt, so it shows as a less shiny patch when viewed from an
angle. Anything that can be done to increase the shinyness?
I'm thinking maybe PVA?

It'll keep. Throughly clean the lid and tub seal areas and store
somewhere cool but not where it'll get frosted. There might be a bit
of oil on the surface when you come to use it in a year or so's time.
It'll mix back in.

After renting, I never wish to see a wall painted magnolia ever again :-)

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 05:29 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER AN HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 23 Apr 2020 05:29:14 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

05:29 already??? So you've been up and trolling for OVER AN HOUR, yet again,
you clinically insane senile troll from Oz! LOL

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pancho wrote:
Just went to the B&Q website to check. B&Q "are using a queue to limit
the number of customers using the website at the same time".

WTF? I've not heard of SARS-2 being spread by too many people
congregating on a website, B&Q seem to be ahead of the curve.

It's because their website is hosted on a ZX81 and if too many people use it
it wobbles the RAM pack too much.

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Another Dave wrote:
It's always worthwhile using a search engine to find what you want. I
found some paint of exactly the right kind and colour from this lot:

https://www.brooklyntrading.co.uk

That's a bit niche. Their entire stock:

Ronseal Radiator Paint - Smooth Gloss 1Coat - Magnolia - 750ml
Crown Solo One Coat Satin Paint - Wood & Metal - Purple Heart - 750ml
Graham & Brown Matt Emulsion Interior Paint -Village Green - 2.5L
Craig & Rose Interior Wood Paint - Acrylic Eggshell - Terracotta 750ml
Craig & Rose Wood Furniture Paint Acrylic Eggshell - Etruscan Red
Crown Breatheasy Wall & Ceiling 2.5L Taupe

Not bad if you want to paint some traffic lights, but otherwise...

As others have said ebay is worth a shot. Yesterday I ordered some
paint, again of the right kind and colour, from an ebay trader. It's
already on a lorry and should be here tomorrow.

I found loads of people selling half an opened tin, which actually would
have been fine for my application but for the 'collection only'.
And then there's people selling half litre tins for thirty five quid...

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live
and no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

===

You had better hope your Mrs doesn'tÂ* see that g

She doesnt appear to speak english.

Hello Mr Australia man...what was that you were saying?

What you spoke on the unboxing video wasnt english.

cetainly not engish ....

Or was that the bimbo he has on the side ?

I'm married to a bimbo...cool

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed"Â* wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" wrote in message
"Jim GM4DHJ ..."Â* wrote in message
On 22/04/2020 08:35, alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live
and no-one will deliver.

great excuse not to do any boring DIY .....

===

You had better hope your Mrs doesn'tÂ* see that g

She doesnt appear to speak english.

===

Â*Â*Â* I understood everything she said in that vid!Â* Is that what you
are referring to?

yes...nothing wrong with her accent....

You're only saying that because she is standing
behind you with the rolling pin raised....

and I hadn't had breakfast yet

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

It looks if my DIY efforts are coming to a halt during lockdown.

No chance of getting paint or plaster anywhere near where I live and
no-one will deliver.

B&Q re-opening another bunch of stores today, any near you?

https://bqsocial.tumblr.com/post/616025338029457408/bandq-store-list
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 10:02:44 on Wed, 22 Apr
2020, Michael Chare remarked:

Our local newspaper reported that B&Q are reopening 14 stores in Kent.
Presumably they are doing the same elsewhere.

indeed

Also Screwfix,

Screwfix has never closed. They switched to Click-and-Collect-only early

and I did manage to buy a part for my boiler from a heating parts
supplier. But Jewsons and Travis Perkins builders merchants are
closed.

Both of those closed before the widespread lockdown. I still don't know
why.

Some builders have continued working.

I've heard reports that some builders merchants are reopening. And
there's never been anything stopping one-man builders/handymen working
on properties. There's an estate-sale bungalow near where I live, and
one firm of renovators has been doing it up steadily for a couple of
months now. They've filled a second skip already.
--
Roland Perry