Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default DIY coming to a halt

In message , at 10:02:44 on Wed, 22 Apr
2020, Michael Chare remarked:

Our local newspaper reported that B&Q are reopening 14 stores in Kent.
Presumably they are doing the same elsewhere.

indeed

Also Screwfix,

Screwfix has never closed. They switched to Click-and-Collect-only early

and I did manage to buy a part for my boiler from a heating parts
supplier. But Jewsons and Travis Perkins builders merchants are
closed.

Both of those closed before the widespread lockdown. I still don't know
why.

Some builders have continued working.

I've heard reports that some builders merchants are reopening. And
there's never been anything stopping one-man builders/handymen working
on properties. There's an estate-sale bungalow near where I live, and
one firm of renovators has been doing it up steadily for a couple of
months now. They've filled a second skip already.
--
Roland Perry