Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Swept bend

I have a device (which provides low pressure air flow) that has a male
1" BSP thread on the end ..... this goes into a clearance hole and
fastened by a 1" BSP nut.

I want to move this out so that it joins via a swept bend something less
than 90 degree (70 or 80 would suffice) or 110 degree if looking at the
bend angle.

I need 1" BSP parallel male thread on one end and 1" BSp parallel female
on the other.
something like:
https://imgur.com/a/puIIz3d

My thought are I take a piece of 28mm copper pipe, bend to suitable radius.
On one end solder a 28mm x 1" BSP male endfeed
https://tinyurl.com/rf8dlwa

On the other a 28mm x 1" BSP Female endfeed
https://tinyurl.com/ssgkrng

Anybody know of a neater way ?

Needs to be copper/brass (not iron)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 3 April 2020 16:25:45 UTC+1, rick wrote:
I have a device (which provides low pressure air flow) that has a male
1" BSP thread on the end ..... this goes into a clearance hole and
fastened by a 1" BSP nut.

I want to move this out so that it joins via a swept bend something less
than 90 degree (70 or 80 would suffice) or 110 degree if looking at the
bend angle.

I need 1" BSP parallel male thread on one end and 1" BSp parallel female
on the other.
something like:
https://imgur.com/a/puIIz3d

My thought are I take a piece of 28mm copper pipe, bend to suitable radius.
On one end solder a 28mm x 1" BSP male endfeed
https://tinyurl.com/rf8dlwa

On the other a 28mm x 1" BSP Female endfeed
https://tinyurl.com/ssgkrng

Anybody know of a neater way ?

Needs to be copper/brass (not iron)

All available but you need to search for bronze, (appearance indistiguishable from brass but more corrosion resistant.
Pricey!
Eg:-
https://www.copper-parts-components....-Pipe-Fittings
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2020 16:38, harry wrote:
[...]

You could be right but I didn't see anything in the OP post to suggest
that bronze was essential instead of brass. Not a marine application, is it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2020 16:25, rick wrote:
I have a device (which provides low pressure air flow) that has a male
1" BSP thread on the end .....Â* this goes into a clearance hole and
fastened by a 1" BSP nut.

I want to move this out so that it joins via a swept bend something less
than 90 degree (70 or 80 would suffice)Â* or 110 degree if looking at the
bend angle.

I need 1" BSP parallel male thread on one end and 1" BSp parallel female
on the other.
something like:
https://imgur.com/a/puIIz3d

My thought are I take a piece of 28mm copper pipe, bend to suitable radius.
On one end solder a 28mm x 1" BSP male endfeed
https://tinyurl.com/rf8dlwa

On the other a 28mm x 1" BSP Female endfeed
https://tinyurl.com/ssgkrng

Anybody know of a neater way ?

Needs to be copper/brassÂ*Â* (not iron)

Something like ???

https://www.bes.co.uk/flexible-conne...l-x-1-tm-14868

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2020 18:30, alan_m wrote:

Something like ???

https://www.bes.co.uk/flexible-conne...l-x-1-tm-14868

No needs to be rigid to support the device.

I could probably get away with just 45 degree rather than 90

a 45 degree Male to Female 1" BSP ..... caveat is the male threads
must be parallel, on fittings I have found female are parallel, but male
are tapered.

Would also accept Stainless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rick Wrote in message:
On 03/04/2020 18:30, alan_m wrote:

Something like ???

https://www.bes.co.uk/flexible-conne...l-x-1-tm-14868

No needs to be rigid to support the device.

I could probably get away with just 45 degree rather than 90

a 45 degree Male to Female 1" BSP ..... caveat is the male threads
must be parallel, on fittings I have found female are parallel, but male
are tapered.

Would also accept Stainless.

Whats the reward?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

[...]

https://www.copper-parts-components....ttings-Bronze-
Pipe-Fittings.html?catId=Bronze-Fittings-Bronze-Pipe-Fittings

You could be right but I didn't see anything in the OP post to suggest
that bronze was essential instead of brass. Not a marine application, is it?

"low pressure air flow" according to the OP

--

Roger Hayter