Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kill filing help please

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 08:39:40 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 31/03/2020 22:28, Dave W wrote:
On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 08:54:31 -0400, Paul
wrote:

Broadback wrote:
I wish to kill file a certain individual, I am sick of him/her posting
nasty comments about one and all, never anything constructive. I use
Mozilla Thunderbird, any help would be appreciated.

One thing to note, is you can trigger filters based on
a number of header fields. But, they're treated as "custom"
items. You add the header fields you want to the menu
of fields, and this makes your selection options "richer".

If you don't do that, there might be only two useful things you
can match on by default (Subject and From). In the
following example, the poster comes in via a particular server.

Thunderbird does not have Regex or PCRE capability. Some
other news clients have stuff like that. Thunderbird uses
a fairly limited boolean style of filter condition.

(You can click "Download original image" at the top of the page,
to get the image file without annoying adverts. They've started
putting a large advert just above the intended image.)

https://i.postimg.cc/pdMHrQ3L/thunde...age-filter.gif

Paul

AdBlock+ or Ghostery get rid of the banner.

What banner? - Opera.

Opera has its own adblocker. When I turned it off the banner appeared.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Broadback wrote:
[...]

Yeah, I know. I don't turn it off unless a particular site which I may
want to view demands it turned off.