Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler Choice

I have a standard mains gas boiler ..... Baxi Barcelona

Considering changing this, need 30kW heat output ...... an option would
be Worcester Greenstar 30Ri or the 8000Life

Though could just get another Baxi .... 430 or 630 HEAT

Is the Worcester worth 25%+ premium ? ...... I know it is 4% more
efficient
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2020 16:17, rick wrote:
I have a standard mains gas boiler ..... Baxi Barcelona

Considering changing this, need 30kW heat output ...... an option would
be Worcester Greenstar 30RiÂ* or the 8000Life

Though could just get another Baxi .... 430 or 630 HEAT

Is the Worcester worth 25%+ premium ? ......Â* I know it is 4% more
efficient

I had a WB Greenstar 24Si fitted 6months back replacing a 31yr old
Potterton Netaheat Electronic 16-22. Had the dudes fit a WB Filter at
the same time which gives me a 10 year parts & labour warranty as long
as I have it serviced to WB standards every year.

Expensive but it is a lot smaller than the Potterton and stunningly
quiet in operation. Having a pressurised CH system has fixed the never
ending airlocks I had before. All rads get hot all of the time!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2020 16:26, mm0fmf wrote:
On 24/03/2020 16:17, rick wrote:
I have a standard mains gas boiler ..... Baxi Barcelona

Considering changing this, need 30kW heat output ...... an option
would be Worcester Greenstar 30RiÂ* or the 8000Life

Though could just get another Baxi .... 430 or 630 HEAT

Is the Worcester worth 25%+ premium ? ......Â* I know it is 4% more
efficient

I had a WB Greenstar 24Si fitted 6months back replacing a 31yr old
Potterton Netaheat Electronic 16-22. Had the dudes fit a WB Filter at
the same time which gives me a 10 year parts & labour warranty as long
as I have it serviced to WB standards every year.

Expensive but it is a lot smaller than the Potterton and stunningly
quiet in operation. Having a pressurised CH system has fixed the never
ending airlocks I had before. All rads get hot all of the time!

Quick look (not best price)
Baxi 630 is around £930
Worcester 8000 Life is around £1190

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2020 16:17, rick wrote:
I have a standard mains gas boiler ..... Baxi Barcelona

Considering changing this, need 30kW heat output ...... an option
would be Worcester Greenstar 30RiÂ* or the 8000Life

Though could just get another Baxi .... 430 or 630 HEAT

Is the Worcester worth 25%+ premium ? ......Â* I know it is 4% more
efficient

I had a WB Greenstar 24Si fitted 6months back replacing a 31yr old
Potterton Netaheat Electronic 16-22. Had the dudes fit a WB Filter at
the same time which gives me a 10 year parts & labour warranty as long
as I have it serviced to WB standards every year.

Expensive but it is a lot smaller than the Potterton and stunningly
quiet in operation. Having a pressurised CH system has fixed the never
ending airlocks I had before. All rads get hot all of the time!

Quick lookÂ* (not best price)
Baxi 630Â* is around £930
Worcester 8000 Life is around £1190

Worcester and Vaillant generally regarded as best for reliability.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 24 March 2020 21:16:22 UTC, newshound wrote:

Worcester and Vaillant generally regarded as best for reliability.

In the same way that VW cars are generaly regarded as being reliable. That's the power of marketing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/03/2020 10:10, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 24 March 2020 21:16:22 UTC, newshound wrote:

Worcester and Vaillant generally regarded as best for reliability.

In the same way that VW cars are generaly regarded as being reliable. That's the power of marketing.

But VW (VAG) cars aren't regarded as reliable. And it's years and years
since "if only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen" or
"very tough as old boots" were marketing phrases.

Certainly wont be as bad as the Ferrolli that was in my son's house.

Condensing Boiler Choice Glenn UK diy 3 October 22nd 04 12:16 PM
Boiler choice for large family house W UK diy 32 September 28th 04 08:22 PM
Combi Boiler Choice, please help! Andy UK diy 8 June 26th 04 11:08 PM
Combi-Boiler Choice- ?Alpha any good John Powell UK diy 53 April 4th 04 02:29 AM
new boiler choice simon beer UK diy 14 November 17th 03 11:18 PM