Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Boiler Choice

On 24/03/2020 20:04, rick wrote:
On 24/03/2020 16:26, mm0fmf wrote:
On 24/03/2020 16:17, rick wrote:
I have a standard mains gas boiler ..... Baxi Barcelona

Considering changing this, need 30kW heat output ...... an option
would be Worcester Greenstar 30RiÂ* or the 8000Life

Though could just get another Baxi .... 430 or 630 HEAT

Is the Worcester worth 25%+ premium ? ......Â* I know it is 4% more
efficient

I had a WB Greenstar 24Si fitted 6months back replacing a 31yr old
Potterton Netaheat Electronic 16-22. Had the dudes fit a WB Filter at
the same time which gives me a 10 year parts & labour warranty as long
as I have it serviced to WB standards every year.

Expensive but it is a lot smaller than the Potterton and stunningly
quiet in operation. Having a pressurised CH system has fixed the never
ending airlocks I had before. All rads get hot all of the time!

Quick lookÂ* (not best price)
Baxi 630Â* is around £930
Worcester 8000 Life is around £1190

Worcester and Vaillant generally regarded as best for reliability.