Glenn

Default Condensing Boiler Choice

I am looking at replacing my present combi with a condensing combi. I have
seen a couple of Biasi models in B+Q for around the £500 mark. I thought
condensing boilers were rather more expensive than this. Are Biasi boilers
any good? Should I avoid them like the plague, if so, what make / model
should I be looking at?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Glenn

Christian McArdle

Are Biasi boilers any good? Should I avoid them like the plague,

I have no experience of this boiler, but personally, I'd avoid like the
plague.

The Riva Compact HE is a 1st generation bolt on 2nd heat exchanger type,
which are generally considered to be inferior to modern single exchanger
types. If they have a new model with a single exchanger, my objections might
not apply.

Christian.

IMM

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...

Are Biasi boilers any good? Should
I avoid them like the plague,

The regular combi's are OK. BIASI use industry standard parts. According to
engineers in the company that has the service contract for BIASI they are
decent boilers.

I have no experience of this boiler, but personally, I'd avoid like the
plague.

With no experience to back up such a statement.

The Riva Compact HE is a 1st generation bolt on 2nd heat exchanger type,
which are generally considered to be inferior to modern single exchanger
types. If they have a new model with a single exchanger, my objections

might
not apply.

That is better.

Mark Begbie

"Glenn" wrote in message ...
I am looking at replacing my present combi with a condensing combi. I have
seen a couple of Biasi models in B+Q for around the £500 mark. I thought
condensing boilers were rather more expensive than this. Are Biasi boilers
any good? Should I avoid them like the plague, if so, what make / model
should I be looking at?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Glenn

For cost, have a look at http://www.uselessenergy.org/ who have a
condensing boiler scheme. They are quite a bit cheeper than most
(their prices include a flue and fixing jig!), distribute through the
Plumb Center and will sell to the house owner as well as an installer.

Boiler choice for large family house W UK diy 32 September 28th 04 08:22 PM
11degC across Boiler, why? Tom UK diy 54 September 24th 04 07:32 AM
Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM
Condensing boiler - odd installation mike.james UK diy 57 October 27th 03 08:19 PM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM