Andy

Default Combi Boiler Choice, please help!

Hi,

Just when I thought I was ready to purchase my Combi Boiler, I
remembered the flue!

My boiler will be sited just over 5m from the nearest suitable outside
wall, vertical flueing is not an option, so it has to be horizontal.

I can't find a boiler to suit my needs.

The boiler spec is:

Natural Gas
Combi Boiler
5m+ flue length (prefer single coaxial flue)
Will only need to run 4 radiators
Needs to be able to run a multi head shower

Can you please help me find a boiler to fit the above spec, and a Mail
Order supplier for it?

Many thanks.
--
Andy
Ed Sirett

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:52:58 -0700, Andy wrote:

Hi,

Just when I thought I was ready to purchase my Combi Boiler, I
remembered the flue!

My boiler will be sited just over 5m from the nearest suitable outside
wall, vertical flueing is not an option, so it has to be horizontal.

I can't find a boiler to suit my needs.

The boiler spec is:

Natural Gas
Combi Boiler
5m+ flue length (prefer single coaxial flue)
Will only need to run 4 radiators
Needs to be able to run a multi head shower

Can you please help me find a boiler to fit the above spec, and a Mail
Order supplier for it?

ISTR that one of the Ideal model s can have a substantial flue length.

You may find that you can have the length you require if you up the size
from 100/60 to 125/80 concentric flues.

Some manufacturers offer an adaptor to go to 50mm (nominal c. 56mm OD)
plastic pipe this might only be for condensing models.

The bottom line is that flue planning is an itegral part of boiler
selection which in turn is only part of the choice of components for a
heating system.

HTH
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Simon Stroud

"Andy" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Just when I thought I was ready to purchase my Combi Boiler, I
remembered the flue!

My boiler will be sited just over 5m from the nearest suitable outside
wall, vertical flueing is not an option, so it has to be horizontal.

I can't find a boiler to suit my needs.

The boiler spec is:

Natural Gas
Combi Boiler
5m+ flue length (prefer single coaxial flue)
Will only need to run 4 radiators
Needs to be able to run a multi head shower

Can you please help me find a boiler to fit the above spec, and a Mail
Order supplier for it?

Many thanks.
--
Andy

www.eco-hometec.co.uk

We have their EC31S combi with a long (approx 4m) flue.

It can handle far longer than that and the flue is a plastic pipe.

It's a fully modulating condensing combi. Being fully modulating, it lowers
its output to remain in condensing mode even under low demand, so the flue
temperature is always low. Hence the plastic flue. I think for most combi
installations you would be looking at a rather high boiler capacity (in our
case 36kW) to suit the hot water requirements, and this is typically much
higher than what is needed for the heating side of things.

They do a slightly bigger one (EC38S) with a 46kW hot water capacity. They
modulate down to a very low level when required (4.5kW for our one, 6kW for
the bigger model) so fine for a wide range of heating requirements.

Not cheap though.

Regards,
Simon.

IMM

"Simon Stroud" wrote in message
"Andy" wrote in message
[...]

But very, very, good. You get what you pay for.

Seri

Andy wrote:
Hi,

Just when I thought I was ready to purchase my Combi Boiler, I
remembered the flue!

My boiler will be sited just over 5m from the nearest suitable

outside
wall, vertical flueing is not an option, so it has to be horizontal.

I can't find a boiler to suit my needs.

The boiler spec is:

Natural Gas
Combi Boiler
5m+ flue length (prefer single coaxial flue)
Will only need to run 4 radiators
Needs to be able to run a multi head shower

Can you please help me find a boiler to fit the above spec, and a

Mail
Order supplier for it?

Many thanks.
--
Andy

The Worcester-Bosch condensing combis can have an 'equivalent'
horizontal max flue length of up to 13m, the top end models only have
an 'equivalent' max flue lenght of 10m, but that's still
likely to be more than adequate.

It's worth remembering though that each 90 degree albow bend that you
use counts as 2m.

just quickly, models:
R25HE
R30HE
have a max horizontal flue length of 13m

and models:
R35HE+
R40HE+
have a max horizontal flue lenght of 10m

All of the above boilers are SEDBUK Band A efficiency, they're not
overly cheap though.

Hope this helps

Seri

Seri

Seri wrote:
Andy wrote:
[...]

snip
Seri

I forgot, when I was purchasing my boiler I found Discount Central
Heating Supplies (http://www.discountheating.com) to be the cheapest,
had great service from them too.

John Rumm

Andy wrote:

Just when I thought I was ready to purchase my Combi Boiler, I
remembered the flue!

My boiler will be sited just over 5m from the nearest suitable outside
wall, vertical flueing is not an option, so it has to be horizontal.

I can't find a boiler to suit my needs.

The boiler spec is:

Natural Gas
Combi Boiler
5m+ flue length (prefer single coaxial flue)
Will only need to run 4 radiators
Needs to be able to run a multi head shower

Can you please help me find a boiler to fit the above spec, and a Mail
Order supplier for it?

I am sure there are others that would fit your requirements but here are
two that can have horizontal flues up to 6m long (the HE35 will only
support a 3m flue):-

http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...i__117 4.html

(not sure how cheap the above site is - I bought the HE35 from our local
vilage shop for about 130 less than show on the web site!)

To find others, just download the instalation/service manuals from the
makers web sites - they will list the maximum flue lenghts.

--
Cheers,

John.

In article , IMM
writes

But very, very, good. You get what you pay for.

Its nice that you finally agree with the rest of us, now apply this to
power tools and you will be getting there

--
David
IMM

wrote in message
In article , IMM
writes

But very, very, good. You get what you pay for.

Its nice that you finally agree with the rest of us,

I am agreeing with one man not you.

now apply this to
power tools and you will be getting there

Different products with different usage and importance. I seems you can't
out something so simple.