Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default White Knight dryers no more?

Thought Id remind myself how much a heat pump based dryer cost from White
Knight (given the sterling service given by my old gas one) only to find
that although a company website for Crosslee and their White Knight
products exist, no dryers seem to be listed, just spares.

Did Crosslee go belly up when I wasnt looking? I do remember that they
listed one a year or two ago so they did make them in the past.

Feel a bit sad about that. Anyhow, any personal recommendations for a
class A efficiency heat pump based dryer? I think the old one is feeling
its age.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ writes:

Did Crosslee go belly up when I wasnt looking?

They ceased production at the Crosslee factory in June last year

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/bus...erholme-961993

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/bus...e-plant-961998

--
Alan J. Wylie https://www.wylie.me.uk/

Dance like no-one's watching. / Encrypt like everyone is.
Security is inversely proportional to convenience
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan J. Wylie wrote:
Tim+ writes:

Did Crosslee go belly up when I wasnt looking?

They ceased production at the Crosslee factory in June last year

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/bus...erholme-961993

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/bus...e-plant-961998

Thanks. Probably stupid to want to stick to the same brand after
purchasing a product 30 years ago anyway but that doesnt stop me having a
sense of gratitude for all the years of faithful service (and support) that
Ive had from my machine and Crosslee.

Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
Thought Id remind myself how much a heat pump based dryer cost from White
Knight (given the sterling service given by my old gas one) only to find
that although a company website for Crosslee and their White Knight
products exist, no dryers seem to be listed, just spares.

When I was looking for one last year, they only seemed to do vented dryers.
Seemed pretty stone age to me.

Feel a bit sad about that. Anyhow, any personal recommendations for a
class A efficiency heat pump based dryer? I think the old one is feeling
its age.

Ended up with one of these:
https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p...p-tumble-dryer
(although it was about GBP330 at the time, and ours has white not grey
buttons).

It... dries things. Takes about 1kWh per load (cottons, whatever fits in
6kg integrated washing machine). Hasn't burnt the house down yet. Not sure
there's much more to say.

Oh, the sensor drying is full of lies - it displays a time to finish
(usually 2h44 to begin with) but time slows, jumps, goes backwards...
I think they hired the people who wrote the Windows file copy dialogue.
But I'm not drying to a schedule, so I don't care. It seems to take about
as long as the washing machine so it's not a bottleneck.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/03/2020 22:30, Theo wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
[...]

Our washing machine does a normal wash in 53 minutes and a fast one in
24. Both would be 3 minutes quicker if the programs detected that the
drum had stopped and allowed the door to be opened, instead of keeping
the door locked for 3 minutes extra.

Our (vented dryer) typically take 60 minutes. Which is important to us,
because with three children, we often need to do two washes and dries in
an evening and often don't start as early as we should.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maybe they were too good, and nobody ever needed a new one?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" wrote in message
Alan J. Wylie wrote:
Tim+ writes:

Did Crosslee go belly up when I wasn't looking?

They ceased production at the Crosslee factory in June last year

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/bus...erholme-961993

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/bus...e-plant-961998

Thanks. Probably stupid to want to stick to the same brand after
purchasing a product 30 years ago anyway but that doesn't stop me having a
sense of gratitude for all the years of faithful service (and support)
that
I've had from my machine and Crosslee.

Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/03/2020 00:09:06, Steve Walker wrote:

snip

Our (vented dryer) typically take 60 minutes. Which is important to us,
because with three children, we often need to do two washes and dries in
an evening and often don't start as early as we should.

I've been converted to a condenser drier. No humongous pipes and all the
energy goes into heating the room. The machine can be placed anywhere
convenient.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/03/2020 10:26, Fredxx wrote:
On 21/03/2020 00:09:06, Steve Walker wrote:

snip

Our (vented dryer) typically take 60 minutes. Which is important to
us, because with three children, we often need to do two washes and
dries in an evening and often don't start as early as we should.

I've been converted to a condenser drier. No humongous pipes and all the
energy goes into heating the room.

Not what you want on a hot, but wet, summer's day though.

The machine can be placed anywhere convenient.

Ours sits between the dishwasher and washing machine. They are going to
need drains anyway.

SteveW