Daniel Dutton

Default White Knight Tumble Drier Drum Not Rotating

Hello,

I have a White Knight CL382 tumble drier that has stopped working. I
can hear the motor working but the fan and the drum don't rotate.
Having opened it up I can get it working by manually spinning the
drum. Doing this kickstarts the drier into action.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Also, I would greatly appreciate a service manual if anyone has a
copy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

D Dutton
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Daniel Dutton wrote:
Hello,

I have a White Knight CL382 tumble drier that has stopped working. I
can hear the motor working but the fan and the drum don't rotate.
Having opened it up I can get it working by manually spinning the
drum. Doing this kickstarts the drier into action.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Also, I would greatly appreciate a service manual if anyone has a
copy?

Does the belt feel loose? Assuming it has a belt, of course.

If it has then look for a means to adjust it and do so, if not then you'll
have to find a new one. The tensioner on my TD was a right PITA to get the
belt back on.

Si

Thanks for the reply, Si.

The belt seems fine to me. Very taught. The interesting thing is that
the dryer does work after giving the drum a nudge. When it has been
given some momentum.

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

D Dutton

Egbert Nobacon

Daniel, Its a fair bet the start capacitor for the motor is u/s. This
machine has an induction motor and needs a 'kick' to start, provided by said
capacitor.
You'll find it mounted on a bracket adjacent to the motor (accessible via
metal plate under machine) It's an 8 microfarad jobbie, available from your
local Electrolux sevice centre. Needless to say you must isolate machine
from mains and discharge any remaining charge in capacitor before attempting
to change it
"Daniel Dutton" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I have a White Knight CL382 tumble drier that has stopped working. I
can hear the motor working but the fan and the drum don't rotate.
Having opened it up I can get it working by manually spinning the
drum. Doing this kickstarts the drier into action.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Also, I would greatly appreciate a service manual if anyone has a
copy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

D Dutton

Daniel Dutton

"Egbert Nobacon" wrote in message ...
Daniel, Its a fair bet the start capacitor for the motor is u/s. This
machine has an induction motor and needs a 'kick' to start, provided by said
capacitor.
You'll find it mounted on a bracket adjacent to the motor (accessible via
metal plate under machine) It's an 8 microfarad jobbie, available from your
local Electrolux sevice centre. Needless to say you must isolate machine
from mains and discharge any remaining charge in capacitor before attempting
to change it

Thanks a lot Egbert (lol).

You were spot on. I've swapped the capicitor and its now working perfectly.

Thanks to everyone else who replied as well.

Cheers

Daniel