Peter Hawkins

Default Advice on venting tumble drier

Our Tumble drier is in the garage on a platform above the washing
machine. The wall beside it is non cavity but two layers thick, block
inside, brick outside. I want to vent the drier as everything in the
garage is getting covered with fluff, all my tools and stuff. Strange
thing is the fluff is always that weird colour you get in your navel!

Anyway wife wants me to be sure that no mice or vermin can get in via
the outlet. What is a sensible height for the outlet, so that all but
mice or rats with their own ladders would be excluded. Could I install
one of those covers with the litle flaps that open when the air blows,
although I don't want a fluff trap. The wall is at the front so I have
also been told it has to look nice.

Andy Hall

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:12:37 +0000, Peter Hawkins
wrote:

Our Tumble drier is in the garage on a platform above the washing
machine. The wall beside it is non cavity but two layers thick, block
inside, brick outside. I want to vent the drier as everything in the
garage is getting covered with fluff, all my tools and stuff. Strange
thing is the fluff is always that weird colour you get in your navel!

That depends on whether you have an "innie" or an "outie".

Anyway wife wants me to be sure that no mice or vermin can get in via
the outlet. What is a sensible height for the outlet, so that all but
mice or rats with their own ladders would be excluded. Could I install
one of those covers with the litle flaps that open when the air blows,
although I don't want a fluff trap. The wall is at the front so I have
also been told it has to look nice.

A little flap with tilting louvres works perfectly well.

I periodically ping them out and vacuum inside the pipe.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl