Old February 14th 20, 05:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default 2 Hour time delay switch

On 14/02/2020 16:17, whisky-dave wrote:
I've seen similar device for communal lighting but they only work for say 5 mins.

This any use, I dont know about ratings etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plug-In-C...AOSwLwBaiEc z

Old February 14th 20, 05:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks all for the solutions. TLC or Toolstation here I come!

Have a good weekend.
Old February 14th 20, 05:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote in
:

On Friday, 14 February 2020 15:53:28 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 14/02/2020 13:08, simon mitchelmore wrote:
My friend is too scared to turn on the immersion heater during the
day

because she is absent minded and only remembers its on a few days
later and so gets big bills. She'e on Economy 7, so its set for night

Is the thermostat set at a suitable temp so that consumption is minimal if
water is not being run off?
Old February 14th 20, 05:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Is the thermostat set at a suitable temp so that consumption is minimal if
water is not being run off?

Good idea; I've already adjusted it up quite a lot but I might as well max it out as a trial, I'll check it's not scalding.
Old February 14th 20, 06:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

simon mitchelmore wrote in
:

Is the thermostat set at a suitable temp so that consumption is
minimal if water is not being run off?

Good idea; I've already adjusted it up quite a lot but I might as well
max it out as a trial, I'll check it's not scalding.

I was more concerned that you may have it too high and be wasting energy.
The hotter it is = the greater the losses, but the less you use.

Old February 14th 20, 07:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 14/02/2020 13:56, Davidm wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 13:42:24 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

In article , simon
mitchelmore wrote:
My friend is too scared to turn on the immersion heater during the day
because she is absent minded and only remembers its on a few days later
and so gets big bills. She'e on Economy 7, so its set for night time
operation but being a small capacity it sometimes runs out of hot water
in the afternoon.

Does anyone know of a simple button type switch I could fit for her which
could be preset for say 2 hours (ON), so she can hit it (to boost the hot
water) and forget it. I've already fitted a red indicator light in the
hall but this does not solve the problem.

I've seen similar device for communal lighting but they only work for say
5 mins.

TLC sell such a device. I fitted one in our village hall on an electric
room heater - in case the hirer forgets to turn it off.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In..._2/index.htmle

That link works better without the "e" on the end.

You could have posted a new link without the e to save me the time in
deleting the e:-)

--
Adam
Old February 14th 20, 07:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 14/02/2020 14:24, Jimk wrote:
simon mitchelmore Wrote in message:
My friend is too scared to turn on the immersion heater during the day because she is absent minded and only remembers its on a few days later and so gets big bills. She'e on Economy 7, so its set for night time operation but being a small capacity it sometimes runs out of hot water in the afternoon.

Does anyone know of a simple button type switch I could fit for her which could be preset for say 2 hours (ON), so she can hit it (to boost the hot water) and forget it. I've already fitted a red indicator light in the hall but this does not solve the problem.

I've seen similar device for communal lighting but they only work for say 5 mins.

https://www.toolstation.com/2-hour-e...t-timer/p66796

This one is better

https://www.toolstation.com/bollockinthisbit/p66796

--
Adam
Old February 14th 20, 08:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 14/02/2020 19:30, Jimk wrote:
ARW Wrote in message:
On 14/02/2020 14:24, Jimk wrote:
simon mitchelmore Wrote in message:
My friend is too scared to turn on the immersion heater during the day because she is absent minded and only remembers its on a few days later and so gets big bills. She'e on Economy 7, so its set for night time operation but being a small capacity it sometimes runs out of hot water in the afternoon.

Does anyone know of a simple button type switch I could fit for her which could be preset for say 2 hours (ON), so she can hit it (to boost the hot water) and forget it. I've already fitted a red indicator light in the hall but this does not solve the problem.

I've seen similar device for communal lighting but they only work for say 5 mins.

https://www.toolstation.com/2-hour-e...t-timer/p66796

This one is better

https://www.toolstation.com/bollockinthisbit/p66796

Marginally ;-)

You can do the same on most company links. Or even get rid of the ********.

Old February 14th 20, 08:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 15th 20, 12:20 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/02/2020 17:39, John wrote:
simon mitchelmore wrote in
:

Is the thermostat set at a suitable temp so that consumption is
minimal if water is not being run off?

Good idea; I've already adjusted it up quite a lot but I might as well
max it out as a trial, I'll check it's not scalding.

I was more concerned that you may have it too high and be wasting energy.
The hotter it is = the greater the losses, but the less you use.

As the problem is caused by running out of hot water, getting it hotter
and so using less of it, may solve the problem.

SteveW

Delay, DeLay Rex B Metalworking 0 April 5th 06 06:09 PM
Delay, DeLay Rex B Metalworking 0 April 4th 06 07:57 PM
OT - DeLay, DeLay [email protected] Metalworking 17 September 30th 05 03:04 PM
OT - Delay, Delay Cliff Metalworking 127 April 21st 05 10:06 AM
OT - Delay, Delay Steve Mackay Metalworking 3 April 9th 05 02:02 PM