Cliff

Default OT - Delay, Delay

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?
--
Cliff
Pete C.

Cliff wrote:

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?
--
Cliff

Do you honestly think that things are any different on the left end of
the political spectrum?

Hint: 99.99999% of politicians are corrupt. The other 0.00001% are too
inept to be around long enough to become corrupt.

Pete C.
Cliff

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:03:18 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?
--
Cliff

Do you honestly think that things are any different on the left end of
the political spectrum?

Hint: 99.99999% of politicians are corrupt. The other 0.00001% are too
inept to be around long enough to become corrupt.

Pete C.

It's always nice to watch wingers justifying possible
fraud & corruption, not to mention blatent lies (found
those "WMDs" & terrorists yet?) when it's their heros
doing it.

Recall spending over US$ 70,000,000 of the taxpayer's
money on a Clinton witchhunt? And you could only find
poor Monica (which was none of your business anyway)?

Let's spend half of that and send the entire rotten
crew of neocons & wingers to jail for life.

How many more murders do you need done in your
name? So far, the count is over 100,000 and still rising ....

BTW, Enjoying US$ 60+/barrel oil prices yet? Tried
to buy anything imported in the stores lately *yourself*
(recall the prices 4 years ago?)

HTH
--
Cliff
Wayne

USA Today notes, "By 55%-40%, respondents say Republicans, traditionally the
party of limited government, are 'trying to use the federal government to
interfere with the private lives of most Americans' on moral values."

Also: "By more than 2-to-1, 39%-18%, Americans say the 'religious right' has
too much influence in the Bush administration," according to the daily.

These polls crack me up. When the Dems were in power were there ever
any stupid questions in polls like "trying to use the federal government
to interfere with the private lives of most Americans' on NON-moral
values."?

When was anyone's rights last violated by the "religious right" in this
country? Come on, get real. The dems can't get across what they stand
for (whatever that is) so they attack anyone who does take a stand and
label them as religious whatevers. Why do some feel threatened by
someone with religious convictions?

Liberals will always take the safe course regardless of the
consequence. If it makes them feel good, then it must be the right
thing to do. I just spent the last week in California were government
has pretty much taken over every aspect of everyday life in some way or
another. The liberals control every branch of government and most
cities, yet they are broke and face huge tax increases or drastic cuts
in services. Hard choices need to be made, salaries need to be cut, but
it will never happen because it "hurts too much" or someone's feelings
may be hurt. It's way too late in my opinion to turn things around
there.

Wayne
Cliff

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:23:04 GMT, Wayne wrote:

When the Dems were in power were there ever
any stupid questions in polls like "trying to use the federal government
to interfere with the private lives of most Americans' on NON-moral
values."?

What gives your religion the rights to do so?
What defines "moral"? What business is it of yours
what others do as long as others are not harmed
(not a concern to wingers, having applauded the
murder of over 100,000 based on lies ....)?

These guys:
[
WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
] ??

--
Cliff

J. R. Carroll

"Wayne" wrote in message ...
These polls crack me up. When the Dems were in power were there ever
any stupid questions in polls like "trying to use the federal government
to interfere with the private lives of most Americans' on NON-moral
values."?

I am sure there were. I remember a lot of concern about Clinton's Oval
office blowjob degrading the office of the President, somebody probably took
a poll or two.

When was anyone's rights last violated by the "religious right" in this
country?

Well, there is a growing collection of dead physicians and the perps that
killed them. Murder is pretty much a violation of someones rights don't you
think?

I just spent the last week in California were government
has pretty much taken over every aspect of everyday life in some way or
another. The liberals control every branch of government and most
cities, yet they are broke and face huge tax increases or drastic cuts
in services. Hard choices need to be made, salaries need to be cut, but
it will never happen because it "hurts too much" or someone's feelings
may be hurt. It's way too late in my opinion to turn things around
there.

You can't learn much about California in a week.We will have 80 or so ballot
initiatives to vote on very shortly.
The state legistlature has become increasingly irrelevant and that has had
both positive and negative consequences.
Let me give you a couple of examples:

1) Prop 187 was so poorly written that in spite of the fact that the voters
passed it by a fair margin most of it was ruled unconstitutional by the
courts. Had this ballot initiative been written professionally and with the
constitution in mind it would have been both enforcable and effective. It
also would probably not have generated a visceral enough effect with the
voting public in that form to have passed. The result in the end is that
California continues to bear enormous costs that are beyond the states abili
ty to control.
2) A young man and his girlfriend were killed two days ago by what we call a
"wrong way" driver attempting te elude the police.
He was fleeing because he was a convicted sex offender with 2 prior felony
DUI convictions and no drivers license. You may be wondering why this guy
wasn't in jail. He wasn't in jail because of a flurry of ballot initiatives
over the last few years mandating incarceration for various categories of
non violent crime. How could that cause him to be out and about? The same
voters that passed the sentencing initiatives failed to provide the funds
required to staff LA counties jails. We have the space but do not have the
money to house inmates and for that reason all of the huge increase in our
inmate population has over filled the jails. Not good, but since nobody
wants to pay what has happened is that, with certain exceptions, the average
time served in the LA county system has dropped to 6.71 percent of the
sentence imposed by the courts.

In the end Wayne there just ain't no quick and/or easy solution but I can
tell you that California isn't getting much help from the feds.
We could use the 30 cents of every tax dollar we send off to Washington that
doesn't come back and a decent immigration policy to start and those aren't
state issues. Maybe somebody should take a poll or something.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

jim rozen

In article , J. R. Carroll says...

Well, there is a growing collection of dead physicians and the perps that
killed them. Murder is pretty much a violation of someones rights don't you
think?

Then there was that judge's family they tapped. Those folks
were sorta violated too. I forget if those were religious
right whackos or neo-nazi whackos. The distinction tends to
blur a bit.

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Wayne says...

These polls crack me up. When the Dems were in power were there ever
any stupid questions in polls like "trying to use the federal government
to interfere with the private lives of most Americans' on NON-moral
values."?

You didn't need any damn polls. You had Janet Reno right there
all the time.

Remember Ruby Ridge, Waco, etc?

Jim

please reply to:
Pete C.

wrote:

Cliff wrote:

[
[...]

I didn't justify anything, and yes, they have indeed found many of those
terrorists.

The WMDs most assuredly *did* exist and I have that from very reliable
and US independent sources. Their destruction has not been able to be
confirmed any more than their continued existence. At this point there
is equal probability that they were moved out of Iraq vs. destroyed.

The Clinton "witch hunt" was a waste of money for sure, but was not a
"right wing conspiracy". Clinton *did* lie to the public and for that he
*did* deserve some punishment. As far as the Monica thing I personally
couldn't have cared less and if he had had the sense to simply say "it's
none of your business" instead of lying I think 75%+ of the public would
have accepted that and moved on.

How about spending half of that on getting the entire crew of crooks and
wingers, both left and right in jail. We would save the money right back
in a year just by turning off the power and AC in all those vacant DC
offices.

What "murders" are you referring to? The best defense is a good offense
and since we started on the offensive against the terrorists they have
not managed an attack here again. They're bound to at some point, but if
one occurs vs. the ten that would have occurred if we did nothing, then
we're ahead.

If you're talking about civilian casualties in Iraq / Afghanistan, then
perhaps you should check back in the history a bit. Civilian casualties
in both those countries are much lower since we attacked / invaded.
Sadam killed more of his own people in a year than the civilian
casualties we've caused in several years.

The UN sanctions which were in place under Clinton killed many times
more people in Iraq than the combined deaths of combatants and civilians
from our war.

Zero civilian deaths would sure be nice, but that was not the reality
before we invaded. If the civilian deaths went from (arbitrary numbers
for example) 250,000/yr to 100,000/yr that is an improvement.

Oil prices? No, actually I haven't really noticed and can't say I care
much. Any yes, I buy both US and imported products almost daily.

Oil prices only have a short term effect, much like the age old
political trick of raising the minimum wage. You see, the entire economy
acts to bring things back in balance over a period of a couple years so
the net effect is more or less nil.

Politician raises the minimum wage and "buys" some votes from people who
think they are doing better. A couple years later they find themselves
back right where they started because the increase in the minimum wage
triggered inflation which brought the cost of goods/service right back
to the same balance point. Your income and the cost of the things you
buy rose together with just a slight lag between them to provide the
illusion of a benefit.

You see the real problem is that all the wingers (that includes you by
the way) have tunnel vision and are so intent on vilifying the "other"
side that they fail to see the realities of the situation.

The whole terrorist problem largely developed under left wing
leadership. Now we've got right wing leadership that is at least trying
to address the problem in their own inept way, and the left wing is to
busy attacking the right to actually do something constructive (can't
help the right wing succeed on anything) that would actually benefit the
people.

The whole left vs. right thing is destructive. Both sides need to get
their heads out of their collective asses and work together to address
the problems that undeniably exist.

Pete C.
Gunner

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:07:00 GMT, Steve Mackay
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:54:27 -0400, Cliff wrote:

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?

Cliffy is just upset because DeLay has a job, and cliffy doesn't

Cliffy is just upset because Delay has a full compliment of brain
cells and cliffy...well.....pity about that....

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"

Gunner

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:59:07 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

The same
voters that passed the sentencing initiatives failed to provide the funds
required to staff LA counties jails. We have the space but do not have the
money to house inmates and for that reason all of the huge increase in our
inmate population has over filled the jails.

We provided the funds. Unfortunately they were spent on healthcare and
welfare for illegal aliens.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Willcox

Pete C. wrote:

Cliff wrote:

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?
--
Cliff

Do you honestly think that things are any different on the left end of
the political spectrum?

Hint: 99.99999% of politicians are corrupt. The other 0.00001% are too
inept to be around long enough to become corrupt.

Pete C.

So when a Republican does something he should resign or be impeached,
but when a Democrat does it, it means all politicians are the same? oh,
ok, got it.

J. R. Carroll

wrote:

The same
voters that passed the sentencing initiatives failed to provide the funds
required to staff LA counties jails. We have the space but do not have

the
money to house inmates and for that reason all of the huge increase in

our
inmate population has over filled the jails.

We provided the funds. Unfortunately they were spent on healthcare and
welfare for illegal aliens.

You might be right Mark,
I just do not know for sure. What I do know is that the funds have been
voted down three consecutive times recently and it chaps my ass a little
that this is working out the way it has. Eventually something will have to
give.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

Gunner

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 04:31:46 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The same
voters that passed the sentencing initiatives failed to provide the funds
required to staff LA counties jails. We have the space but do not have

the
money to house inmates and for that reason all of the huge increase in

our
inmate population has over filled the jails.

We provided the funds. Unfortunately they were spent on healthcare and
welfare for illegal aliens.

You might be right Mark,
I just do not know for sure. What I do know is that the funds have been
voted down three consecutive times recently and it chaps my ass a little
that this is working out the way it has. Eventually something will have to
give.

ADDITIONAL funds to be taken from the taxpayer were indeed voted down
3 times. And that gives me heart that Joe Sixpack is finally getting
off his ass and saying Enough!!

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
jim rozen

In article om, Willcox
says...

So when a Republican does something he should resign or be impeached,
but when a Democrat does it, it means all politicians are the same? oh,
ok, got it.

You're out of phase in the thread. He was saying that when republicans
do it, it's fine, it's the democrats who should be impeached.

Jim

please reply to:

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Cliffy is just upset because Delay has a full compliment of brain
cells

He may wind up being the brightest fellow in jail, soon.

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Pete C. says...

The WMDs most assuredly *did* exist and I have that from very reliable
and US independent sources. Their destruction has not been able to be
confirmed any more than their continued existence.

Virtual WMDS. How handy. Too bad the US seems unable to do anything
about the *real* ones in N. Korea. Are we really so stupid as to
be hunting mice in the backyard when there's an elephant in the
living room?

Jim

please reply to:
John Husvar

In article ,
"Pete C." wrote:

Cliff wrote:

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?
--
Cliff

Do you honestly think that things are any different on the left end of
the political spectrum?

Hint: 99.99999% of politicians are corrupt. The other 0.00001% are too
inept to be around long enough to become corrupt.

Pete C.

Brings to mind a hoary old West Virginia explanation why there were few
two-term governors. (pre-Rockefeller -- they figured he didn't need to
steal state funds)

"If the sumbitch ain't smart enough to be set for life after one term,
he can't be worth much nohow.".
jim rozen

In article , John
Husvar says...

"If the sumbitch ain't smart enough to be set for life after one term,
he can't be worth much nohow.".

Heh. This is vaguely similar to the joke with the punchline"

"Don't marry her, boy. If she's not good enough for her family,
she's not good enough for you!"

Jim

please reply to:
Garlicdude

Gunner wrote:

ADDITIONAL funds to be taken from the taxpayer were indeed voted down
3 times. And that gives me heart that Joe Sixpack is finally getting
off his ass and saying Enough!!

Gunner

I vote no on every tax, bond or fee increase no matter how good it
sounds. They've got enough and they should learn to make do.

--
Regards,
Steve Saling

Pete C.

Willcox wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Cliff wrote:

[
[...]

Huh? I certainly didn't say that.

Pete C.
Cliff

wrote:

the average
time served in the LA county system has dropped to 6.71 percent of the
sentence imposed by the courts.

In general, that may not be such a bad thing.
Not long enough to learn the trades well in those
schools but long enough to know that they don't
want to go back .....
Perhaps not such a huge buildup of abuse and
resentment either.

Prevention, not "punishment" (a fundie thing).
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

The same
voters that passed the sentencing initiatives failed to provide the funds
required to staff LA counties jails. We have the space but do not have the
money to house inmates and for that reason all of the huge increase in our
inmate population has over filled the jails.

We provided the funds. Unfortunately they were spent on healthcare

You are still alive to complain, right?
--
Cliff
Cliff

wrote:

The same
voters that passed the sentencing initiatives failed to provide the funds
required to staff LA counties jails. We have the space but do not have the
money to house inmates and for that reason all of the huge increase in our
inmate population has over filled the jails.

We provided the funds. Unfortunately they were spent on healthcare and
welfare for illegal aliens.

Guess what, Gummmer ........
Your much beloved neocons did not fine a single employer
in the last year for hiring "illegal aliens" ......

Someone copy this for Gunner's view G.
--
Cliff

Cliff

wrote:

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:54:27 -0400, Cliff wrote:

[
Political Groups Paid Two Relatives of House Leader

By PHILIP SHENON, The New York Times

WASHINGTON, April 5 - The wife and daughter of Tom DeLay, the House
majority leader, have been paid more than $500,000 since 2001 by Mr.
DeLay's political action and campaign committees, .......
]

Gunner's heros ........ does he have a rich uncle too?

Cliffy is just upset because DeLay has a job, and cliffy doesn't

Cliffy is just upset because Delay has a full compliment of brain
cells and cliffy...well.....pity about that....

snicker

How many times and on how many issues has he been
caught?
Pretty dumb ......
--
Cliff

Larry Jaques

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 04:31:46 GMT, the inscrutable "J. R. Carroll"
spake:

.. .
wrote:

The same
voters that passed the sentencing initiatives failed to provide the funds
required to staff LA counties jails. We have the space but do not have

the
money to house inmates and for that reason all of the huge increase in

our
inmate population has over filled the jails.

"We" are still jailing a massive amount of people on non-violent
and/or victimless crimes, too. Y'know, those who got caught with a
joint or two.

We provided the funds. Unfortunately they were spent on healthcare and
welfare for illegal aliens.

You might be right Mark,
I just do not know for sure. What I do know is that the funds have been
voted down three consecutive times recently and it chaps my ass a little
that this is working out the way it has.

When I lived down there, I helped in voting down a lot of those same
multi-billion dollar farces. It was all to go into the General Fund
with no way to provide funding for specific solutions. shrug
Maybe The Governator will do something interesting, like sending no
more Federal taxes to them until the Fed acts on the many grievances.
Lord knows the state makes enough money to run itself without gov't
funding.

Eventually something will have to give.

Like a state name. How does "Norte Tijuana" strike you after our
largest growing population segment takes over? (That's if Shrub
doesn't get either us or the world radioactively toasted first.)

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---
Gunner

On 7 Apr 2005 05:03:37 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Pete C. says...

The WMDs most assuredly *did* exist and I have that from very reliable
and US independent sources. Their destruction has not been able to be
confirmed any more than their continued existence.

Virtual WMDS. How handy. Too bad the US seems unable to do anything
about the *real* ones in N. Korea. Are we really so stupid as to
be hunting mice in the backyard when there's an elephant in the
living room?

Jim

Not even a good bit of spin and misdirection on your part Jim. Im
embaressed for you.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Gunner

On 7 Apr 2005 05:01:19 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Cliffy is just upset because Delay has a full compliment of brain
cells

He may wind up being the brightest fellow in jail, soon.

Jim

Perhaps he and Berger and the 21 Clinton administration convicted
felons can form a club.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

[Delay] may wind up being the brightest fellow in jail, soon.

Perhaps he and Berger and the 21 Clinton administration convicted
felons can form a club.

No wonder US politicians are so keen on prison reform. They
know they'll spend a lot of time there....

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Virtual WMDS. How handy. Too bad the US seems unable to do anything
about the *real* ones in N. Korea. Are we really so stupid as to
be hunting mice in the backyard when there's an elephant in the
living room?

Not even a good bit of spin and misdirection on your part Jim. Im
embaressed for you.

Spin, hell. If the PRC doesn't start a shooting war with
Taiwan soon, I suspect the next big hotspot in the world will
be around Korea.

Jim

please reply to:

J. R. Carroll

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Gunner says...

Virtual WMDS. How handy. Too bad the US seems unable to do anything
about the *real* ones in N. Korea. Are we really so stupid as to
be hunting mice in the backyard when there's an elephant in the
living room?

Not even a good bit of spin and misdirection on your part Jim. Im
embaressed for you.

Spin, hell. If the PRC doesn't start a shooting war with
Taiwan soon,

They won't Jim. They don't need to as that war is over. There are 4,000
Taiwanese bussinesses on the mainland. Taiwan doesn't really exist at this
point unless you are a politician.
When the PRC decides the time is right you probably won't see as much as a
skirmish line form, the small group of bussinessmen calling the shots behind
the scenes in Taipaie won't allow it.

As for N Korea, if KJI even farts in the wrong direction China and Japan
will flatten him post haste and nobody will object.
The PRC isn't going to shoot at us either. They hold 300 billion dollars in
mainland China and have a total direct investment in the US of about 2.5
trillion and that is climbing every day - not to mention the market the US
provides - they would be shooting at their own piggy bank and that won't
happen. In fact, were we really threatened the mainland Chinese would help
defend us, no ****.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

John Kunkel

"Gunner" wrote in message
On 7 Apr 2005 05:01:19 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Cliffy is just upset because Delay has a full compliment of brain
cells

He may wind up being the brightest fellow in jail, soon.

Jim

Perhaps he and Berger and the 21 Clinton administration convicted
felons can form a club.

If you're gonna compare administrations, don't forget the list of convicted
felons in Ronnie Raygun's.

jim rozen

In article , John Kunkel says...

If you're gonna compare administrations, don't forget the list of convicted
felons in Ronnie Raygun's.

I forget if Ed Meese was indicted or not. But it's
great to have the attorney general on the short list
of 'bad guys.'

Jim

please reply to:
jim rozen

In article , J. R. Carroll says...

They won't Jim. They don't need to as that war is over. There are 4,000
Taiwanese bussinesses on the mainland. Taiwan doesn't really exist at this
point unless you are a politician.
When the PRC decides the time is right you probably won't see as much as a
skirmish line form, the small group of bussinessmen calling the shots behind
the scenes in Taipaie won't allow it.

Interesting take on the situation. I think we've been so innundated
by PopeStock and TerryGate that the real events in the world are
getting swept under the rug.

As for N Korea, if KJI even farts in the wrong direction China and Japan
will flatten him post haste and nobody will object.
The PRC isn't going to shoot at us either. They hold 300 billion dollars in
mainland China and have a total direct investment in the US of about 2.5
trillion and that is climbing every day - not to mention the market the US
provides - they would be shooting at their own piggy bank and that won't
happen. In fact, were we really threatened the mainland Chinese would help
defend us, no ****.

What if we repudiated our debt? Then things might get ugly there....

Jim

please reply to:
J. R. Carroll

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , J. R. Carroll

says...

Interesting take on the situation. I think we've been so innundated
by PopeStock and TerryGate that the real events in the world are
getting swept under the rug.

Those issues are plain and simple electioneering and by that I mean
irrelevant.
You left out the Michael Jackson, Scott Peterson, Robert Blake trials and
they are more in the same vein.
You know, if we hadn't had small pox and booze to tame the American indian
population somebody would have had to invent them.

I posted this in another forum where this thread appears:

You also must consider India. In the not to distant past, India and Pakistan
nearly went to war for real. It would have been very brief but extremely
violent. Both sides have nukes. The US made a big show of moderating but, as
Tom Friedman put it, in the end " war wasn't averted by General Powell but
by General Electric, the back rooms of the worlds largest corporations are
run out of Bangalore and Bombay and a real war, however short, simply
couldn't be tolerated".

What if we repudiated our debt? Then things might get ugly there....

The Japanese own about 6 trillion in hard assets in the US, old Europe has 3
to 4 and the PRC is on it's way to about 10. The US has a net present value
of about 115 trillion USD.
Just exactly who do you think this "we" that you refer to is Jim?
Got a mouse in your pocket? :)
The clever play now would be to sell China every stick of military hardware
they want and demand cash, then turn around and sell them some more from the
generation currently under development. If "we" don't the Europeans will be
doing exactly this very shortly.
Nature abhors a vacuum. Sticking ones fingers in ones ears and shouting
"LaLaLa" at the top of your lungs has little effect beyond producing a
headache. The earth may be round Jim but the world is flat.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

J. R. Carroll

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 04:31:46 GMT, the inscrutable "J. R. Carroll"
spake:

.. .
wrote:

"We" are still jailing a massive amount of people on non-violent
and/or victimless crimes, too. Y'know, those who got caught with a
joint or two.

Like hell. At least not in Los Angeles County anyway. Those cases are being
released directly from the courts.
In fact they have set up a special court out in the valley as a drug court
to fast track these cases.
Or did you mean "you" as in where you are now.

When I lived down there, I helped in voting down a lot of those same
multi-billion dollar farces. It was all to go into the General Fund
with no way to provide funding for specific solutions. shrug
Maybe The Governator will do something interesting, like sending no
more Federal taxes to them until the Fed acts on the many grievances.
Lord knows the state makes enough money to run itself without gov't
funding.

If anyone could pull that off it would be Ahnold. If he does, and you are
near a TV, I will be the one laughing my ass off.
I will also be practicing my hand signals. Let me know what you think I am
trying to comunicate to Washington would you?

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
www.machiningsolution.com

jim rozen

In article , J. R. Carroll says...

Interesting take on the situation. I think we've been so innundated
by PopeStock and TerryGate that the real events in the world are
getting swept under the rug.

Those issues are plain and simple electioneering and by that I mean
irrelevant.
You left out the Michael Jackson, Scott Peterson, Robert Blake trials and
they are more in the same vein.
You know, if we hadn't had small pox and booze to tame the American indian
population somebody would have had to invent them.

There is a reason I don't have network TV or cable in my house.
I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

Jim

please reply to:
Gunner

On 7 Apr 2005 10:30:54 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Virtual WMDS. How handy. Too bad the US seems unable to do anything
about the *real* ones in N. Korea. Are we really so stupid as to
be hunting mice in the backyard when there's an elephant in the
living room?

Not even a good bit of spin and misdirection on your part Jim. Im
embaressed for you.

Spin, hell. If the PRC doesn't start a shooting war with
Taiwan soon, I suspect the next big hotspot in the world will
be around Korea.

Jim

You are aware of course, that NC has 100,000 arty pieces aimed
directly at Seoul. A single time on target barrage of one round each
will kill an estimated 2 million people. Then they dig out the nukes.
And its run by a total nutcase.

Iraq was fish in a barrel. A win/win with little danger to innocents,
unlike Korea.

Thanks to your buddy Clinton who gave them food, fuel and nuclear
reactors....they are a big danger to all those around them. So have to
be treated with kid gloves. Think of Iraq as a live carp, and Korea
as a quart jar filled with nitro.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Gunner

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:54:00 -0700, "John Kunkel"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On 7 Apr 2005 05:01:19 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Cliffy is just upset because Delay has a full compliment of brain
cells

He may wind up being the brightest fellow in jail, soon.

Jim

Perhaps he and Berger and the 21 Clinton administration convicted
felons can form a club.

If you're gonna compare administrations, don't forget the list of convicted
felons in Ronnie Raygun's.

Ayup. all 10 or so of them.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"

Not the Louisiana tradition. They re-elected Huey L. because after thu
first term he had all the roads paved where he lived. The rest of the
state thought that if he was re-elected , some roads would be paved
elsewhere.

Dan

OT - Delay, Delay Steve Mackay Metalworking 3 April 9th 05 02:02 PM
Delay on a mains-powered relay? Ken Taylor Electronics Repair 45 January 20th 05 01:01 AM
Time Delay RCDs Christopher Key UK diy 8 December 17th 04 01:56 PM
Electrical Safety signs (small)& Pump delay info. Tom UK diy 15 October 6th 04 11:06 AM
shut off delay for AC cercuit Dan Hollands Electronics 2 July 18th 03 05:43 PM