Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Boiler - Recomendations

wrote in message
On Wednesday, 1 January 2020 19:03:36 UTC, Ray wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Ray wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
A gas air heater for the entire house is much simpler again.

Takes up a lot of room to make a decent quiet one.

No it doesn't. Normally quite tall and not very wide or deep.

You only have the one room, then?

Works fine for the whole house.

Then it has trunking of some sort.

Yes.

That takes up more space than pipes.

Yes, but that isnt space where the people
are, its under the floor or in the roof space
where even your tiny houses have plenty
of unused space. And the total system is
much more reliable than a water based
system and much easier to fix with much
less to fix if anything does go wrong.

You can't run it in the loft space or there would be condensation & mould

We can and do, just use insulated ducts.

If you run it underfloor that is either above or below
the insulation. Below means excess heat loss,

Not with insulated ducts.

which fails to meet BR.

Wrong.

Above means a good bit of complication & extra material.

Most of ours have concrete Slabs on the
ground now so its done in the roof space.

Not saying you couldn't make a neat job in a new build.
But for most a wet system is going to be far neater.

Thats bull****. No stupid radiators in all rooms,
at most an air register which is vastly neater.

The lack of rads is the big upside.

A massive one.

I found the noise a real problem during conversations,
it wasn't loud but still enough to disrupt audibility.

There is no noise with one done properly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 13:26:51 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

[...]

Having another auto-contradicting fit again, you clinically insane
auto-contradicting senile cretin? Guess WHY you were all alone over the
holidays! Just take a guess!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

A gas air heater for the entire house is much simpler again..

Takes up a lot of room to make a decent quiet one.

No it doesn't. Normally quite tall and not very wide or deep.

You only have the one room, then?

Works fine for the whole house.

Then it has trunking of some sort.

Yes.

That takes up more space than pipes.

Yes, but that isnt space where the people
are, its under the floor or in the roof space
where even your tiny houses have plenty
of unused space. And the total system is
much more reliable than a water based
system and much easier to fix with much
less to fix if anything does go wrong.

You can't run it in the loft space or there would be condensation & mould

We can and do, just use insulated ducts.

your climate is warmer & drier. We get condensation, causing mould. That's not on. Insulation reduces but doesn't eliminate it.

If you run it underfloor that is either above or below
the insulation. Below means excess heat loss,

Not with insulated ducts.

which fails to meet BR.

Wrong.

Above means a good bit of complication & extra material.

Most of ours have concrete Slabs on the
ground now so its done in the roof space.

Not saying you couldn't make a neat job in a new build.
But for most a wet system is going to be far neater.

Thats bull****. No stupid radiators in all rooms,
at most an air register which is vastly neater.

The lack of rads is the big upside.

A massive one.

in a minority of cases yes. For most houses rads are a minor inconvenience.

I found the noise a real problem during conversations,
it wasn't loud but still enough to disrupt audibility.

There is no noise with one done properly.

I've not experienced one that good. There is only one mfr of such systems here, Johnson Starley. They used to be more popular, but are all but gone. It's hard to find such setups in use in domestic houses now.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

A gas air heater for the entire house is much simpler
again.

Takes up a lot of room to make a decent quiet one.

No it doesn't. Normally quite tall and not very wide or deep.

You only have the one room, then?

Works fine for the whole house.

Then it has trunking of some sort.

Yes.

That takes up more space than pipes.

Yes, but that isnt space where the people
are, its under the floor or in the roof space
where even your tiny houses have plenty
of unused space. And the total system is
much more reliable than a water based
system and much easier to fix with much
less to fix if anything does go wrong.

You can't run it in the loft space or there would be condensation &
mould

We can and do, just use insulated ducts.

your climate is warmer & drier.

Ours is much more variable than yours
and we dont use wet systems for winter
heating where the winter is similar to
yours and the are places like Tasmania
and Kiandra and Thredbo where they area.

We get condensation, causing mould.

So do we. And its trivial to avoid that with hot air systems.

That's not on. Insulation reduces but doesn't eliminate it.

Thats bull**** with the hot air ducts. Of course it does.

If you run it underfloor that is either above or below
the insulation. Below means excess heat loss,

Not with insulated ducts.

which fails to meet BR.

Wrong.

Above means a good bit of complication & extra material.

Most of ours have concrete Slabs on the
ground now so its done in the roof space.

Not saying you couldn't make a neat job in a new build.
But for most a wet system is going to be far neater.

Thats bull****. No stupid radiators in all rooms,
at most an air register which is vastly neater.

The lack of rads is the big upside.

A massive one.

in a minority of cases yes.

Nothing even remotely like a minority
of cases, all of them, in fact.

For most houses rads are a minor inconvenience.

But air registers are always much better.

I found the noise a real problem during conversations,
it wasn't loud but still enough to disrupt audibility.

There is no noise with one done properly.

I've not experienced one that good.

Yeah, you lot havent got a clue about how to do hot air systems.

There is only one mfr of such systems here, Johnson Starley.

Because you fools use wet systems.

They used to be more popular, but are all but gone.

Because you fools use wet systems.

I bet Dave the Sot's new building doesnt
use a wet system for winter heating.

It's hard to find such setups in use in domestic houses now.

Because you fools use wet systems.
Close to unique in the modern first world.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 07:23:28 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

07:23 in Australia? You STILL do not want to go to bed, you abnormal
clinically insane senile cretin? LMAO

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.