Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery for WorkZone 3.6V cordless screwdriver?

My WorkZone screwdriver has been left unused for about a year and now has
no battery power.
The charger still makes the led glow, but charging for a long time doesn't
result in any charge.
I assume that the batter is dead.

I took it apart today and the battery is labelled C18500P 3.6V LiIon.
It is wrapped in greased paper and has soldered tags which connect to the
electronics.
I've put it all back together to make sure bits don't get lost, but this
may have been premature!

I can't seem to find any reference to the battery except for
batterycity.co.uk.
Battery is listed as £5.95 including VAT.
However shipping is listed as 9.95 Euros.

As you can buy a replacement (not WorkZone) for around £20 a DIY repair
doesn't seem to make economic sense.

Anyone know a good battery supplier in the UK who may not be top of the
hit list on Google?

I assume that the battery designation is obscure because there are just no
hits.

Cheers

Dave R

--
W7 64 bit HTPC Intel Core i5 2500k Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Nov 2019 18:56:21 GMT, David WE Roberts
wrote:

snip

I took it apart today and the battery is labelled C18500P 3.6V LiIon.

I think it's the famous 18650's baby brother. ;-)

It is wrapped in greased paper and has soldered tags which connect to the
electronics.

snip

This one any good. ;-)

https://preview.tinyurl.com/sfwmbfr

[183498421642]

As you can buy a replacement (not WorkZone) for around £20 a DIY repair
doesn't seem to make economic sense.

The thing is, whilst some things might not, I think we should start
also considering what 'waste' would be generated by *not* fixing these
things?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes but the battery is bound to be the most toxic waste part, Unless
something can be salvaged from it.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
On 26 Nov 2019 18:56:21 GMT, David WE Roberts
wrote:

snip

I took it apart today and the battery is labelled C18500P 3.6V LiIon.

I think it's the famous 18650's baby brother. ;-)

It is wrapped in greased paper and has soldered tags which connect to the
electronics.

snip

This one any good. ;-)

https://preview.tinyurl.com/sfwmbfr

[183498421642]

As you can buy a replacement (not WorkZone) for around £20 a DIY repair
doesn't seem to make economic sense.

The thing is, whilst some things might not, I think we should start
also considering what 'waste' would be generated by *not* fixing these
things?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 12:26:31 -0000, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

Yes but the battery is bound to be the most toxic waste part, Unless
something can be salvaged from it.

Sure, but better just that than all of it eh. ;-)

REDUCE, reuse, recycle.

And we better start finding good ways to recycle these batteries,
considering how much we will be relying on them in the (near?) future.

Cheers, T i m