Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default workzone heavy duty power puller model THDPP-2/2014

I bought this puller for my husband but there is no paperwork/instructions in
the box. Can anyone please tell me where to get a manual or can someone scan
one in for me?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...4-1235406-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dot wrote:
I bought this puller for my husband but there is no
paperwork/instructions in
the box. Can anyone please tell me where to get a manual or can
someone scan
one in for me?

https://customerservice.aldi.co.uk/contact
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/2017 18:14, Dot wrote:
I bought this puller for my husband but there is no
paperwork/instructions in
the box. Can anyone please tell me where to get a manual or can
someone scan
one in for me?

IIRC Machine mart do a very similar wire hoist to this, you may find
something there...

Having said that, there is not much to know is there? Hook it between
the things you want to pull, and waggle the handle. You can probably
choose to pull just a single wire, or to fold the wire back and attach
the other end to the puller as well, so that you pull a loop (this
doubles the pulling power, at the expense of halving the pull speed)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to John Rumm, Mervb wrote:
Great advise, I think we can all understand that ..... now can any one tell
me how to play the wire out, I've hooked the ratchetback but can't get it to
play out.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...4-1235406-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2018 14:14, Mervb wrote:
replying to John Rumm, Mervb wrote:

Great advise, I think we can all understand that ..... now can any
one tell me how to play the wire out, I've hooked the ratchetback but
can't get it to play out.

These might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNA-oswT0vc

and

Workzone Heavy Duty Power Puller (XYZ393 / THDPP-1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7da1h0Y6yc

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:17:08 +0100
John Rumm wrote:

You can probably
choose to pull just a single wire, or to fold the wire back and
attach the other end to the puller as well, so that you pull a loop
(this doubles the pulling power, at the expense of halving the pull
speed)

While mine can be rigged for single cable pulling (that's how I used
it in the application I bought it for) it's clearly not designed to be
used that way. When used as designed the tension in the fixed side of
the cable holds the frame straight, but with that side disconnected it
really needs a better guide to control the cable - the flimsy guide
that is fitted won't last long with the angle that the cable runs in
single cable mode.