Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Modern wiper blades

Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

--
Jim S
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest car
but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 17/11/2019 14:07, alan_m wrote:
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest car
but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)
https://www.eurocarparts.com/universal-flat-blades

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)
https://www.eurocarparts.com/universal-flat-blades

Some comparisons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQs3OI6Gvo

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)
https://www.eurocarparts.com/universal-flat-blades

Some comparisons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQs3OI6Gvo

Does he have to shout?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)
https://www.eurocarparts.com/universal-flat-blades

Some comparisons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQs3OI6Gvo

Thanks. Looks like Bosch. If watching turn your volume down
--
Jim S
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest car
but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

Better in what way ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest car
but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)
https://www.eurocarparts.com/universal-flat-blades

Some comparisons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQs3OI6Gvo

Very decent comparison, but **** that bugger's voice is irritating.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)
https://www.eurocarparts.com/universal-flat-blades

Some comparisons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQs3OI6Gvo

Does he have to shout?

Bet he does. Hate to be working with that bugger all day every day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

they are rubbish..I went back to conventional ones.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpdgahDp2Wg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)
https://www.eurocarparts.com/universal-flat-blades

Even longer than that. They were original equipment on my 11 year old
Citroen Xsara Picasso and they perform very well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 19:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

they are rubbish..I went back to conventional ones.....

speshly bosch ones....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 06:21:10 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Does he have to shout?

Bet he does. Hate to be working with that bugger all day every day.

No need for YOU to shout: there's nobody ever around you, you lonely
sleepless senile pest! BG

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 06:18:58 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Very decent comparison, but **** that bugger's voice is irritating.

It can't be as irritating as your constant quarrelling on these groups, you
self-opinionated, self-important senile asshole from Oz!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 05:52:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest car
but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

Better in what way ?

Take a guess, oh bright one! G

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 18:52, Rod Speed wrote:

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

Better in what way ?

I found that they stuck to the contour of the screen at all speeds much
better than the traditional type originally fitted to my old car. I had
to resort buying traditional blades with with an additional inbuilt
aerofoil to provide the pressure to keep the blade in contact with the
screen (2001 Ford Focus). Ford also fitted as standard a blade too short
to clear the whole screen and it was common to replace the blades with
something longer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:37:40 -0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

Did they cure the horrible scraping noise when its not quite wet enough
but too wet to see.

They are much less prone to it. They don't judder over the whole
sweep like traditional blades have a tendancy to do. Any judder,
which isn't often, is just after they change direction.

I find them much better than traditional wipers. They follow the
screen contours better particularly when it's freezing.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Did they cure the horrible scraping noise when its not quite wet enough
but too wet to see.

Yep.

This question is not from me, but the noise is a bit of a pain.

Yep.

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest car
but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

they are rubbish..

The youtube shows that they are much better.

I went back to conventional ones.....

More fool you, try the Bosch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:08:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile cretin's troll****

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 09:09:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

they are rubbish..

The youtube shows that they are much better.

Obviously not for him, senile idiot!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 22:09, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

they are rubbish..

The youtube shows that they are much better.

I went back to conventional ones.....

More fool you, try the Bosch.

bosch were the ones that were rubbish didn't even last a year and failed
the MOT for me.......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

they are rubbish..

The youtube shows that they are much better.

I went back to conventional ones.....

More fool you, try the Bosch.

bosch were the ones that were rubbish didn't even last a year and failed
the MOT for me.......

made in bloody china....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

they are rubbish..

The youtube shows that they are much better.

I went back to conventional ones.....

More fool you, try the Bosch.

bosch were the ones that were rubbish didn't even last a year and failed
the MOT for me.......

Never believe what you are told....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The main cause of judder and resulting noise is car washes both automatic and hand wash. They apply liquid wax in the final rinse which might make the rest of the car look nice and shiny for a while but buggers up the windscreen. It might be OK with a downpour but is notable in light rain when it just causes smear. My cars never go near a car wash and it's years since I experienced any judder.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I never use a car wash...once a year by hand only if it needs it.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky explained :
The main cause of judder and resulting noise is car washes both automatic and
hand wash. They apply liquid wax in the final rinse which might make the rest
of the car look nice and shiny for a while but buggers up the windscreen. It
might be OK with a downpour but is notable in light rain when it just causes
smear. My cars never go near a car wash and it's years since I experienced
any judder.

+1

When I have needed to fix it, I just apply some washing up liquid and
plenty of water..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4
years old.

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)
https://www.eurocarparts.com/universal-flat-blades

Some comparisons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQs3OI6Gvo

Does he have to shout?

--
Adam

and thats the worst hair dyed job I've seen in a long time. What did he use, boot polish ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

they are rubbish..

The youtube shows that they are much better.

I went back to conventional ones.....

More fool you, try the Bosch.

bosch were the ones that were rubbish didn't even last a year and failed
the MOT for me.......

made in bloody china....

They are almost all made in china with a few of the more expensive ones in
japan
and one in vietnam.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

they are rubbish..

The youtube shows that they are much better.

I went back to conventional ones.....

More fool you, try the Bosch.

bosch were the ones that were rubbish didn't even last a year and failed
the MOT for me.......

Never believe what you are told....

I believe what I saw on the youtube.

Sure that doesnt say anything useful about how long they last.

How did yours fail the MOT ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

I never use a car wash...once a year by hand only if it needs it.....

I never wash mine. I do lend it to people who need to
borrow it and they usually do wash it, too embarrassed
to drive around in it so dirty. It lives under massive trees
and the birds love those trees and **** on the car.

One time after charging thru a very rough dirt road
and coming within an ace of getting bogged there
in the very light FWD car, the car was covered in mud
and I didn’t even bother to wash it then. One female
cop who pulled me over for a random breath test we
have much more often than you lot just grinned and
said that it must be the dirtiest car in town.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 17/11/2019 10:41, Jim S wrote:
Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the
traditional
ones?
Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest
car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

Better in what way ?

I found that they stuck to the contour of the screen at all speeds much
better than the traditional type originally fitted to my old car. I had
to resort buying traditional blades with with an additional inbuilt
aerofoil to provide the pressure to keep the blade in contact with the
screen (2001 Ford Focus). Ford also fitted as standard a blade too short
to clear the whole screen and it was common to replace the blades with
something longer.

I have just realised that my car had a single piece wiper blade on the
rear window. That was swapped straight away as it squeaked did not clear
the window and was far too small. It was also possibly very old.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 05:20:55 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

made in bloody china....

They are almost all made in china with a few of the more expensive ones in
japan
and one in vietnam.

Source (other than your psychopathic head), senile Mr Know-it-all?

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
we shipped the likes of you out of the British Isles. Perhaps stupidity
and criminality is inherited after all?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 05:36:16 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I never use a car wash...once a year by hand only if it needs it.....

I never wash mine.

A **** somebody should give, Ozzie pest?

--
dennis@home to retarded senile Rot:
"sod off rod you don't have a clue about anything."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 05:23:23 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

bosch were the ones that were rubbish didn't even last a year and failed
the MOT for me.......

Never believe what you are told....

I believe what I saw on the youtube.

I believe nobody talked to you or want to hear anything from you, senile
pest! BG

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 18/11/2019 10:56, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Tricky Dicky explained :
The main cause of judder and resulting noise is car washes both
automatic and hand wash. They apply liquid wax in the final rinse
which might make the rest of the car look nice and shiny for a while
but buggers up the windscreen. It might be OK with a downpour but is
notable in light rain when it just causes smear. My cars never go near
a car wash and it's years since I experienced any judder.

+1

When I have needed to fix it, I just apply some washing up liquid and
plenty of water..

Newspaper also works well.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2019 19:38, ARW wrote:

Newspaper also works well.

Probably true when the ink came off in your hands and the paper was of
poorer quality. The ink was the solvent and the newspaper was much more
absorbent. These days newspaper doesn't work nearly so well, if at all.

wiper blades Raphael Home Repair 39 July 29th 19 07:37 PM
windshield wiper misses glass for the middle ~3 inches. David Combs Home Repair 47 January 22nd 09 01:14 PM
re problem when replacing cartridge wiper blade in Canon PC-10, etc. or CX laserprinters W. Curtiss Priest Electronics Repair 0 April 6th 07 02:59 PM
OT - windshield wiper blade refills? Grant Erwin Metalworking 12 March 23rd 06 04:26 PM
Wiper Inserts for face milling brass Robert Salasidis Metalworking 36 April 1st 05 04:28 AM