Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. Harry Bloomfield, Esq. is offline

Default Modern wiper blades

Tricky Dicky explained :
The main cause of judder and resulting noise is car washes both automatic and
hand wash. They apply liquid wax in the final rinse which might make the rest
of the car look nice and shiny for a while but buggers up the windscreen. It
might be OK with a downpour but is notable in light rain when it just causes
smear. My cars never go near a car wash and it's years since I experienced
any judder.

+1

When I have needed to fix it, I just apply some washing up liquid and
plenty of water..