Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Baxi 105 HE boiler flame fault, runs for 10s,

The "no flame" neon indicator is flashing (suggests flame failure or
condensate drain blockage).

The condensate drain is not blocked.

If I reset the boiler, and get it to restart, then running a hot water
tap or turning on the central heating starts up the flame and fan.

If there is demand, the flame

* comes on
* cuts out after 10 seconds
* comes back on after about 25 seconds
* cuts out after 10 seconds
* comes back on after about 25 seconds
* cuts out after 10 seconds

.... and then the boiler goes back into fault mode.

The repair manual suggests that the PCB could be the issue; in fact I
replaced that a few years ago, but I can't remember whether it was the
same fault.

Any immediate ideas?

Daniele
Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:
The "no flame" neon indicator is flashing (suggests flame failure or
condensate drain blockage).

The condensate drain is not blocked.

If I reset the boiler, and get it to restart, then running a hot water
tap or turning on the central heating starts up the flame and fan.

If there is demand, the flame

* comes on
* cuts out after 10 seconds
* comes back on after about 25 seconds
* cuts out after 10 seconds
* comes back on after about 25 seconds
* cuts out after 10 seconds

... and then the boiler goes back into fault mode.

The repair manual suggests that the PCB could be the issue; in fact I
replaced that a few years ago, but I can't remember whether it was the
same fault.

Any immediate ideas?

Daniele

Ignition detection fault? Its possibly going through a cycle of ignition
attempts not detecting that the flame has lit.

If it has flame detecting electrodes, sometimes a clean/tweak of the
electrodes will restore flame detection.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/10/2019 10:46, Tim+ wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:
[...]

Make sure the earth connection in its power supply is good as well -
many will use flame rectification for flame sensing, and that needs an
earthed chassis.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:

The "no flame" neon indicator is flashing (suggests flame failure or
condensate drain blockage).

The condensate drain is not blocked.

However, I seem to have fixed it by removing the condensation tank, and
drying it, particularly near where the sensor wire is connected to it. I
think that it was damp, and sufficient current was leaking to trigger
the fault indication.

Daniele