Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flame/fan/flue errors showing on Bax 105 Combination boiler

We have a cold house this morning...

The Flame LED blinks, and so does the Fan LED (which indicates a "flame
or flue fault").

We've called a plumber. In the meantime, what's the most likely fault?

Daniele
Posted to uk.d-i-y

D.M. Procida wrote:
We have a cold house this morning...

The Flame LED blinks, and so does the Fan LED (which indicates a "flame
or flue fault").

We've called a plumber. In the meantime, what's the most likely fault?

Daniele

Don't always expect pinpoint accuracy from these fault lights.

In this weather I'd suspect a frozen condensate drain if you have an
external one as a prime suspect.
Fan motor failure can occur anytime but not common in my (limited)
experience.
If it has not had comprehensive servicing for a long time, the bottom of
the heat exchanger/sump could be full of crap.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:

D.M. Procida wrote:
We have a cold house this morning...

The Flame LED blinks, and so does the Fan LED (which indicates a "flame
or flue fault").

We've called a plumber. In the meantime, what's the most likely fault?

Daniele

Don't always expect pinpoint accuracy from these fault lights.

In this weather I'd suspect a frozen condensate drain if you have an
external one as a prime suspect.

South Wales - we get grey skies and rain, but little in the way of
weather excitement. I checked the drain, but that's not it.

Fan motor failure can occur anytime but not common in my (limited)
experience.

The warning lights come on even if the boiler is turned on in
hot-water-only mode, before the fan spins up.

I owuldn't be surprised to discover it's the control board - which I
have previously had to replace.

If it has not had comprehensive servicing for a long time, the bottom of
the heat exchanger/sump could be full of crap.

Thanks for the advice. Hoping on a plumber now.

Daniele
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/01/2017 07:03, Thomas Prufer wrote:
You've been on usenet for a fortnight or two -- you know of ex-regular diy
poster Geoff's business in reconditioned control boards, no?

cetltd.com, does fans and PCBs.

I hope he's in the FAQ!

Andy (another satisfied customer)