DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Baxi 105 HE boiler flame fault, runs for 10s, (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/641402-baxi-105-he-boiler-flame-fault-runs-10s.html)

D.M. Procida October 27th 19 09:51 AM

Baxi 105 HE boiler flame fault, runs for 10s,

The "no flame" neon indicator is flashing (suggests flame failure or
condensate drain blockage).

The condensate drain is not blocked.

If I reset the boiler, and get it to restart, then running a hot water
tap or turning on the central heating starts up the flame and fan.

If there is demand, the flame

* comes on
* cuts out after 10 seconds
* comes back on after about 25 seconds
* cuts out after 10 seconds
* comes back on after about 25 seconds
* cuts out after 10 seconds

.... and then the boiler goes back into fault mode.

The repair manual suggests that the PCB could be the issue; in fact I
replaced that a few years ago, but I can't remember whether it was the
same fault.

Any immediate ideas?

Daniele

Tim+[_5_] October 27th 19 10:46 AM

D.M. Procida wrote:
The "no flame" neon indicator is flashing (suggests flame failure or
condensate drain blockage).

The condensate drain is not blocked.

If I reset the boiler, and get it to restart, then running a hot water
tap or turning on the central heating starts up the flame and fan.

If there is demand, the flame

* comes on
* cuts out after 10 seconds
* comes back on after about 25 seconds
* cuts out after 10 seconds
* comes back on after about 25 seconds
* cuts out after 10 seconds

... and then the boiler goes back into fault mode.

The repair manual suggests that the PCB could be the issue; in fact I
replaced that a few years ago, but I can't remember whether it was the
same fault.

Any immediate ideas?

Daniele

Ignition detection fault? Its possibly going through a cycle of ignition
attempts not detecting that the flame has lit.

If it has flame detecting electrodes, sometimes a clean/tweak of the
electrodes will restore flame detection.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

John Rumm October 27th 19 03:12 PM

On 27/10/2019 10:46, Tim+ wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:
[...]

Make sure the earth connection in its power supply is good as well -
many will use flame rectification for flame sensing, and that needs an
earthed chassis.

--
Cheers,

John.

D.M. Procida October 27th 19 04:02 PM

D.M. Procida wrote:

The "no flame" neon indicator is flashing (suggests flame failure or
condensate drain blockage).

The condensate drain is not blocked.

However, I seem to have fixed it by removing the condensation tank, and
drying it, particularly near where the sensor wire is connected to it. I
think that it was damp, and sufficient current was leaking to trigger
the fault indication.

Daniele