Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default iron-on name tags

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with iron-on name tags for
elderly relatives going into residential care?

Reviews seem to be mixed so wondering if it would be better to get
sew-on ones?

Cheers - Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2019 16:49, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with iron-on name tags for
elderly relatives going into residential care?

Reviews seem to be mixed so wondering if it would be better to get
sew-on ones?

Cheers - Pete

Aren't you supposed to put them on the clothing ? :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2019 16:49, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with iron-on name tags for
elderly relatives going into residential care?

Sounds a bit cruel but I assume you mean for labelling their clothes.

Reviews seem to be mixed so wondering if it would be better to get
sew-on ones?

The iron on ones will work on suitable fabrics that will stand a hot
iron but they may still fall off in a commercial laundry hot power wash
after enough cycles. The trick is to get the glue melted uniformly.

Obviously using iron on labels for woollen cardigans and jumpers is a
lost cause. You pretty much have to sew them on.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" Wrote
in message:
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with iron-on name tags for
elderly relatives going into residential care?

Reviews seem to be mixed so wondering if it would be better to get
sew-on ones?

Cheers - Pete

Both my kids have preprinted self adhesive name tags on their
school uniforms.
Almost zero issues so far except on sport socks where the "knit"
of them seems to hasten the stickers demise....
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2019 16:49, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with iron-on name tags for
elderly relatives going into residential care?

Reviews seem to be mixed so wondering if it would be better to get
sew-on ones?

Cheers - Pete

You'll find your relative wearing other people's clothing no matter what
you do.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 20:15:26 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
You'll find your relative wearing other people's clothing no matter what
you do.

And the good stuff will get nicked.

There are, incidentally, suppliers of special clothing that will withstand care home washing or that has extra velcro etc openings so is easier to get on/off or open for toileting etc.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 12:58:00 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 20:15:26 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
You'll find your relative wearing other people's clothing no matter
what you do.

And the good stuff will get nicked.

There are, incidentally, suppliers of special clothing that will
withstand care home washing or that has extra velcro etc openings so is
easier to get on/off or open for toileting etc.

Probably worth investing in the Cash's woven, embroidered sew-on ones to
make it harder to remove them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 21:17:43 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
Probably worth investing in the Cash's woven, embroidered sew-on ones to
make it harder to remove them.

I've still got some from my schooldays :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 21:17:38 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
I hope I can time that one-way holiday to Switzerland correctly.

I don't care where I go, as long as I can take a few people with me ;-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 06:32:58 +1000, jeikppkywk, better known as cantankerous

Too true.

I hope I can time that one-way holiday to Switzerland correctly.

Trivially easy to kill yourself painlessly without going to Switzerland.

Seems to be not so trivial in Oz, or why would you STILL be living, being a
lonely forsaken senile pest, despised by everyone who gets to know you?

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2019 16:49, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with iron-on name tags for
elderly relatives going into residential care?

Reviews seem to be mixed so wondering if it would be better to get
sew-on ones?

Cheers - Pete

We've used iron-on ones from https://www.mynametags.com on our
children's school uniforms for a number of years now. They have been
very good.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2019 16:49, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had any success with iron-on name tags for
elderly relatives going into residential care?

Reviews seem to be mixed so wondering if it would be better to get
sew-on ones?

Thanks all.

I'm now thinking perhaps a combination of iron-on and sew-on might be a
good option for the assorted clothes.
Yet another job to sort out.

Cheers - Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 18 September 2019 17:03:13 UTC+1, JimK wrote:
I've still got some from my schooldays :-)

Same name?

Yes. I expect most men are.

Owain

making dog tags Emmo Metalworking 26 March 16th 21 12:25 AM
Wooden name tags Tom Weber Woodturning 7 June 20th 07 05:04 PM
All cold deep tags will easily receive the shirts. Al Denelsbeck Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 06:50 AM
Replace zipper 'tags', how? [email protected] UK diy 19 January 23rd 06 10:45 PM
Dog tags Eric R Snow Metalworking 22 September 26th 05 09:44 PM