Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default push bike

can they give your driving licence points for being naughty on your push
bike?...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
can they give your driving licence points for being naughty on your
push bike?...

No. Cyclists are above the law.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, that depends on whether they can prove it was you. If you caused an
accident then I'd not want to lay any bets.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
can they give your driving licence points for being naughty on your
push bike?...

No. Cyclists are above the law.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/09/2019 19:38, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well, that depends on whether they can prove it was you. If you caused an
accident then I'd not want to lay any bets.
Brian

Wrong NG. Covered a little while ago in legal.moderated following a
fatal accident, IIRC there is still something from the 19th century like
"Furious and wanton cycling". But a driving license is specifically for
*motorin*.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/09/2019 20:08, newshound wrote:
On 01/09/2019 19:38, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well, that depends on whether they can prove it was you. If you caused an
accident then I'd not want to lay any bets.
Â* Brian

Wrong NG. Covered a little while ago in legal.moderated following a
fatal accident, IIRC there is still something from the 19th century like
"Furious and wanton cycling". But a driving license is specifically for
*motorin*.

what about my legal electric moped?.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 01/09/2019 20:08, newshound wrote:
On 01/09/2019 19:38, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well, that depends on whether they can prove it was you. If you
caused an accident then I'd not want to lay any bets.
Brian

Wrong NG. Covered a little while ago in legal.moderated following a
fatal accident, IIRC there is still something from the 19th century
like "Furious and wanton cycling". But a driving license is
specifically for *motorin*.

what about my legal electric moped?.....

**** off, pikey Jock troll.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 01/09/2019 20:08, newshound wrote:
On 01/09/2019 19:38, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well, that depends on whether they can prove it was you. If you
caused an accident then I'd not want to lay any bets.
Brian

Wrong NG. Covered a little while ago in legal.moderated following a
fatal accident, IIRC there is still something from the 19th century
like "Furious and wanton cycling". But a driving license is
specifically for *motorin*.
what about my legal electric moped?.....

**** off, pikey Jock troll.

WHS

nothing to say about soiled gussets today chebs?.......
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/09/2019 20:08, newshound wrote:
On 01/09/2019 19:38, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well, that depends on whether they can prove it was you. If you caused an
accident then I'd not want to lay any bets.
Â* Brian

Wrong NG. Covered a little while ago in legal.moderated following a
fatal accident, IIRC there is still something from the 19th century like
"Furious and wanton cycling". But a driving license is specifically for
*motorin*.

Rather more up to date are The Road Traffic Act 1988 offences of
dangerous cycling (S28) and careless cycling (S29). However, the
penalties for those are limited to fines of up to £1000 or £2500
respectively.

The 1861 Offences Against the Person Act is used if those penalties are
deemed inadequate, as in the case of a cyclist killing a pedestrian.
That can result in a custodial sentence of up to two years and an
unlimited fine.

As you say, none of these offences would affect a driving licence.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 9:13:15 AM UTC+1, nightjar wrote:
[...]

As its not compulsory to have a driving license it might be difficult to have one suspended.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I believe magistates can disqualify people from driiving as a punishment
for almost any offence, not necessarily a road related one, if they
feel it is an appropriate punishment. Furthermore, many of those they
disqualify, even for driving offences, do not have licences. The
disqualification makes it impossible for them to get a licence, and also
makes the penalties more severe if they drive again. So it is not
actually far-fetched disqualifying a non licence holder. Although a
bit pointless if they don't actually want to drive a car.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/09/2019 23:49, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I'm a "doubting Thomas" who would need evidence to support your belief -
i.e. I'd want to know what legislation provides the power for a court to
"disqualify people for almost any offence". AFAIK it's only a
discretionary option if the legislation for the offence provides for it
(see section 34 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 (as amended)).
And those are "endorsable offences" plus TWOC.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

[...]

In Australia they have taken car
license for dog offenses indirectly, people who have not paid fines
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 9:13:15 AM UTC+1, nightjar wrote:
On 01/09/2019 20:08, newshound wrote:
On 01/09/2019 19:38, Brian Gaff wrote: Well, that depends on
[...]

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/6/section/146

I must admit I thought it a little draconian at the time it was passed.
Mainly because it sets people up for further offences if they are
weak-willed even though there is not a driving element to their crime.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2019 09:22, Roger Hayter wrote:
Robin wrote:

On 02/09/2019 23:49, Roger Hayter wrote:

snip

[...]

Thanks. That had patently passed me by. No excuse. And I see now that
sentencing guidelines require it to be considered in fly-tipping cases.

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I believe magistates can disqualify people from driiving as a punishment
for almost any offence, not necessarily a road related one, if they
feel it is an appropriate punishment. Furthermore, many of those they
disqualify, even for driving offences, do not have licences. The
disqualification makes it impossible for them to get a licence, and also
makes the penalties more severe if they drive again. So it is not
actually far-fetched disqualifying a non licence holder. Although a
bit pointless if they don't actually want to drive a car.

Roger Hayter

that is what I thought .....and why I asked ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/09/2019 19:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
can they give your driving licence points for being naughty on your push
bike?...

Or even a pedal bike ?.

Mind you, most bikes need to be pushed in Scotland with all those
hills.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 01/09/2019 19:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
can they give your driving licence points for being naughty on your push
bike?...

Or even a pedal bike ?.

Mind you, most bikes need to be pushed in Scotland with all those
hills.

nah.....lecy power

table saw push stick or push block or ??? Electric Comet Woodworking 75 August 5th 15 04:13 AM
Bike lock (bike stolen) Dubber UK diy 35 November 5th 09 08:07 PM
push-push latching switch (wah-wah/effects pedal) renovation N Cook Electronics Repair 10 April 15th 08 10:16 PM
Where to get small push-push panel latches? GTO69RA4 Metalworking 8 December 14th 04 02:26 AM
Upgrading childs electric bike Lee Blaver UK diy 9 July 24th 03 12:55 AM