Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default push bike

I believe magistates can disqualify people from driiving as a punishment
for almost any offence, not necessarily a road related one, if they
feel it is an appropriate punishment. Furthermore, many of those they
disqualify, even for driving offences, do not have licences. The
disqualification makes it impossible for them to get a licence, and also
makes the penalties more severe if they drive again. So it is not
actually far-fetched disqualifying a non licence holder. Although a
bit pointless if they don't actually want to drive a car.

Roger Hayter

that is what I thought .....and why I asked ...