Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi tool bag annoyance - sort of OT

I've been looking for a replacement for my tool roll for a while; it is
where I carry my everyday tools such as screwdrivers, pliers etc.

Walked round Aldi today and they are selling tool bags and tool belts.

The tool bags are huge - about the size of a child's carry cot. Not what I
want. I'm thinking discreet, bijou, compact.

Then I spot the ideal tool bag!
Right size and everything.
Bugger!
£30 because it has a ?150? piece tool set inside.

I can't bring myself to spend that much and lob the tools just to get the
bag.

Ah, well.

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
I've been looking for a replacement for my tool roll for a while; it is
where I carry my everyday tools such as screwdrivers, pliers etc.

Walked round Aldi today and they are selling tool bags and tool belts.

The tool bags are huge - about the size of a child's carry cot. Not what I
want. I'm thinking discreet, bijou, compact.

Then I spot the ideal tool bag!
Right size and everything.
Bugger!
£30 because it has a ?150? piece tool set inside.

I can't bring myself to spend that much and lob the tools just to get the
bag.

Have you tried B&Q? Some while back I was looking for a tool wallet. They
had loads of bags and boxes, no wallets. Sizes from large womens handbag
to carry cot, as you said.

I got what I needed eventually off EBay.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 August 2019 17:13:42 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
I've been looking for a replacement for my tool roll for a while; it is
where I carry my everyday tools such as screwdrivers, pliers etc.

Walked round Aldi today and they are selling tool bags and tool belts.

The tool bags are huge - about the size of a child's carry cot. Not what I
want. I'm thinking discreet, bijou, compact.

Then I spot the ideal tool bag!
Right size and everything.
Bugger!
£30 because it has a ?150? piece tool set inside.

I can't bring myself to spend that much and lob the tools just to get the
bag.

Ah, well.

Dave R

Such things are very easy to make. Do it yourself!

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2019 17:34, Brian Reay wrote:
David wrote:
I've been looking for a replacement for my tool roll for a while; it is
where I carry my everyday tools such as screwdrivers, pliers etc.

Walked round Aldi today and they are selling tool bags and tool belts.

The tool bags are huge - about the size of a child's carry cot. Not what I
want. I'm thinking discreet, bijou, compact.

Then I spot the ideal tool bag!
Right size and everything.
Bugger!
£30 because it has a ?150? piece tool set inside.

I can't bring myself to spend that much and lob the tools just to get the
bag.

Have you tried B&Q? Some while back I was looking for a tool wallet. They
had loads of bags and boxes, no wallets. Sizes from large womens handbag
to carry cot, as you said.

I got what I needed eventually off EBay.

Plenty on eBay. I like tool rolls for car tool kits, still using the one
I bought for my first car 40 years ago.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
[...]

Not much you cant find on EBay. The problem is, you need a pretty clear
idea what you want. A shop is better when you only have an outline idea.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
[...]

I find it the other way, much more choice on ebay and aliexpress.
Main problem is that with some thing the description leaves
something to be desired. I prefer stainless steel cutlery knives
and forks to have very solid thick handles and few give the
weight of the individual utensils. Shops work better there.

Same with drinking glasses, few tell you the rim thickness
and thats important if you hate the thick rimmed glasses.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Aug 2019 11:05:58 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Not much you can¢t find on EBay. The problem is, you need a pretty clear
idea what you want. A shop is better when you only have an outline idea.

I find it the other way,

Of course you do, senile auto-contradictor! You ALWAYS find it the other
way! tsk

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
[...]

I thought you never 'saw' advertising or it didn't affect you.

Same with drinking glasses, few tell you the rim thickness
and thats important if you hate the thick rimmed glasses.

One reason for not shopping on-line you can feel the objects and with glasses you can flick them to test for quality depending what sort of glass you want.

But I guess there are some that just don't care about such things until it comes to the thickness of the rims.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
[...]

Thats not advertising, thats searching, stupid.

Same with drinking glasses, few tell you the rim thickness
and thats important if you hate the thick rimmed glasses.

One reason for not shopping on-line you can feel the objects and with
glasses
you can flick them to test for quality depending what sort of glass you
want.

What I said.

But I guess there are some that just don't care about
such things until it comes to the thickness of the rims.

Guess again. Its usually pretty obvious from the pic if its thick glass.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 05:18:33 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I find it the other way, much more choice on ebay and aliexpress.

I thought you never 'saw' advertising or it didn't affect you.

That¢s not advertising, that¢s searching, stupid.

Of course it's advertising, senile idiot! tsk

--
Keema Nam addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You are now exposed as a liar, as well as an ignorant troll."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 16 August 2019 17:13:42 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
Walked round Aldi today and they are selling tool bags and tool belts.
£30 because it has a ?150? piece tool set inside.
I can't bring myself to spend that much and lob the tools just to get the
bag.

There might be one in the reduced bin in a few weeks' type where some scrote has stolen the tool set and left the bag.

Or ebay the tool set for £30 and get a free bag :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:
[...]

So yuo've found a way of not geting targeted
or any other ads from amazon or ebay, how.

Dont have to read anything they send you.
Even you should be able to manage that.

You;ve never seen an ad for amazon prime either have you.
Perhaps because you donlt see them as ads is your problem.
I get ads all the time for similar products.

You dont have to read them.

I got one today for this :-

180 Pieces M2.5 Male Female Hex Brass Spacer Standoff Screw...

Because on friday I was looking for spacers to
restock lab supplies before the start of term.

Even you should be able to use an ad blocker.

Same with drinking glasses, few tell you the rim thickness
and thats important if you hate the thick rimmed glasses.

One reason for not shopping on-line you can feel the objects and with
glasses
you can flick them to test for quality depending what sort of glass you
want.

What I said.

No how do yuo flick them on-line.

Dont need to flick them, look at the pic, ****wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 21:22:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Don¢t need to flick them, look at the pic, ****wit.

What idiotic and off topic bull**** is this about again, you ****ing stupid
senile troll?

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 20 August 2019 12:23:11 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I thought you never 'saw' advertising or it didn't affect you.

Thats not advertising, thats searching, stupid.

So yuo've found a way of not geting targeted
or any other ads from amazon or ebay, how.

Dont have to read anything they send you.
Even you should be able to manage that.

But yuo still see it even yuor mostly unconscious mind sees it, yes even yours must be able to pick up on such things.

You;ve never seen an ad for amazon prime either have you.
Perhaps because you donlt see them as ads is your problem.
I get ads all the time for similar products.

You dont have to read them.

It's harder not to read the headlines or the bits that they want you to see..
I had to read that in order to decide whether to delete the email or act on it.

I got one today for this :-

180 Pieces M2.5 Male Female Hex Brass Spacer Standoff Screw...

Because on friday I was looking for spacers to
restock lab supplies before the start of term.

Even you should be able to use an ad blocker.

It wasn;t anyhting an ad blocker could detect, as it was send to my college email address where I aslo get notifications of deliveries and updats from amazon, I do NOT wish to block those.
I don't want an ad blocker, I want to know if another supplier has such things cheaper or easier to get.

Same with drinking glasses, few tell you the rim thickness
and thats important if you hate the thick rimmed glasses.

One reason for not shopping on-line you can feel the objects and with
glasses
you can flick them to test for quality depending what sort of glass you
want.

What I said.

No how do yuo flick them on-line.

Dont need to flick them, look at the pic, ****wit.

and you trust the pic, and you can tell how thick the glass is ?

I think we all know how thick yuo are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 20 August 2019 12:23:11 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I thought you never 'saw' advertising or it didn't affect you.

Thats not advertising, thats searching, stupid.

So yuo've found a way of not geting targeted
or any other ads from amazon or ebay, how.

Dont have to read anything they send you.
Even you should be able to manage that.

But yuo still see it

Nope, just the name of the sender in the inbox.

You;ve never seen an ad for amazon prime either have you.
Perhaps because you donlt see them as ads is your problem.
I get ads all the time for similar products.

You dont have to read them.

It's harder not to read the headlines

Trivial actually.

or the bits that they want you to see.

Trivial actually.

I had to read that in order to decide
whether to delete the email or act on it.

I dont when looking at the sender to see which to read.

I dont even bother to read the emails that confirm
an order has been placed and the app in my phone
automatically gets the tracking number and tells
me when it will arrive without any ads at all.

I got one today for this :-

180 Pieces M2.5 Male Female Hex Brass Spacer Standoff Screw...

Because on friday I was looking for spacers to
restock lab supplies before the start of term.

Even you should be able to use an ad blocker.

It wasn;t anyhting an ad blocker could detect, as it was send
to my college email address where I aslo get notifications of
deliveries and updats from amazon, I do NOT wish to block those.

I get that info auto without any ads. And an update auto
when its in the local van out for delivery. And when its
been delivered too which can be handy if they ever
deliver it to the wrong place or drop it off with me out
of the house etc.

I don't want an ad blocker, I want to know if another
supplier has such things cheaper or easier to get.

I worked that out before I bought it.

Same with drinking glasses, few tell you the rim thickness
and thats important if you hate the thick rimmed glasses.

One reason for not shopping on-line you can feel the objects and
with
glasses
you can flick them to test for quality depending what sort of glass
you
want.

What I said.

No how do yuo flick them on-line.

Dont need to flick them, look at the pic, ****wit.

and you trust the pic, and you can tell how thick the glass is ?

Yep, its obvious;.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 08:03:26 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH another 90 lines of absolute troll****

little ignorant ****."
MID: