Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Aldi tool bag annoyance - sort of OT

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Sunday, 18 August 2019 02:06:09 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Brian Reay" wrote in message
newshound wrote:
On 16/08/2019 17:34, Brian Reay wrote:
David wrote:
I've been looking for a replacement for my tool roll for a while; it
is
where I carry my everyday tools such as screwdrivers, pliers etc.

Walked round Aldi today and they are selling tool bags and tool
belts.

The tool bags are huge - about the size of a child's carry cot. Not
what I
want. I'm thinking discreet, bijou, compact.

Then I spot the ideal tool bag!
Right size and everything.
Bugger!
£30 because it has a ?150? piece tool set inside.

I can't bring myself to spend that much and lob the tools just to
get
the
bag.

Have you tried B&Q? Some while back I was looking for a tool wallet.
They
had loads of bags and boxes, no wallets. Sizes from large womens
handbag
to carry cot, as you said.

I got what I needed eventually off EBay.

Plenty on eBay. I like tool rolls for car tool kits, still using the
one
I bought for my first car 40 years ago.

Not much you cant find on EBay. The problem is, you need a pretty
clear
idea what you want. A shop is better when you only have an outline
idea.

I find it the other way, much more choice on ebay and aliexpress.

I thought you never 'saw' advertising or it didn't affect you.

Thats not advertising, thats searching, stupid.

Same with drinking glasses, few tell you the rim thickness
and thats important if you hate the thick rimmed glasses.

One reason for not shopping on-line you can feel the objects and with
glasses
you can flick them to test for quality depending what sort of glass you
want.

What I said.

But I guess there are some that just don't care about
such things until it comes to the thickness of the rims.

Guess again. Its usually pretty obvious from the pic if its thick glass.