Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does EE use Orange masts

As per the subject..

Does the EE mobile network use the Orange network masts please?

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 07:15, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
As per the subject..

Does the EE mobile network use the Orange network masts please?

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a local
EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

thought orange etc turned into ee ,,,anyway they are a town network like
one for one was on 1800 Mc/s and above so no good in the near of
scotland ....certainly not everything everywhere .....can't get it here
on this farm in Ayreshire...one must stick to a 900 Mc/s system like o2
and vodaphone ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
As per the subject..

Does the EE mobile network use the Orange network masts please?

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

Then BT bought it.

EE is now part of the BT empire.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 08:44, Brian Reay wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
As per the subject..

Does the EE mobile network use the Orange network masts please?

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

Then BT bought it.

EE is now part of the BT empire.

yes they sold cellnet a perfectly good 900Mc/s and above system and
bought a 1800 Mc/s and up city network ....mad...I find you can't beat
o2 1 2 3 paygo .....half the price of tesco lite ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
As per the subject..

Does the EE mobile network use the Orange network masts please?

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

Then BT bought it.

EE is now part of the BT empire.

yes they sold cellnet a perfectly good 900Mc/s and above system and
bought a 1800 Mc/s and up city network ....mad...I find you can't beat
o2 1 2 3 paygo .....half the price of tesco lite ....

who remembers the old vodaphone paygo were you used to have to pay line
rental and calls separately ...?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

thought orange etc turned into ee ,,,anyway they are a town network like
one for one was on 1800 Mc/s and above so no good in the near of
scotland ....certainly not everything everywhere .....can't get it here
on this farm in Ayreshire...one must stick to a 900 Mc/s system like o2
and vodaphone ....

The Orange and T-Mobile networks were styled as PCN, Personal
Communications Network, as if to distinguish them from the
"proper" 900MHz Cellnet & Vodafone. Mobile Telephones.

That was my perception anyway.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they might
have negotiated a deal by now.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 04/08/2019 07:15, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
As per the subject..

Does the EE mobile network use the Orange network masts please?

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a local
EE one, but there is an Orange one.
https://www.mastdata.com/

thought orange etc turned into ee ,,,anyway they are a town network like
one for one was on 1800 Mc/s and above so no good in the near of scotland
....certainly not everything everywhere .....can't get it here on this
farm in Ayreshire...one must stick to a 900 Mc/s system like o2 and
vodaphone ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 07:15, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
As per the subject..

Does the EE mobile network use the Orange network masts please?

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a local
EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE bought Orange years ago

--
€śI know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the
greatest complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most

ۥ Leo Tolstoy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff pretended :
Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they might
have negotiated a deal by now.

I understand if you do a 999, that can route through what ever mast it
can find, which suggests they do not share resources otherwise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 10:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff pretended :
Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they
might have negotiated a deal by now.

I understand if you do a 999, that can route through what ever mast it
can find, which suggests they do not share resources otherwise.

Indeed it is a mystery as to why they dont. It is also a mystery as to
why they dont use wifi calling at every possible point.
ISP always transfer tpo spmeone elses network at the earliest possible
point.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?

I would assume so, certainly when the merger was announced that was the
impression I got.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 09:26, Graham. wrote:

thought orange etc turned into ee ,,,anyway they are a town network like
one for one was on 1800 Mc/s and above so no good in the near of
scotland ....certainly not everything everywhere .....can't get it here
on this farm in Ayreshire...one must stick to a 900 Mc/s system like o2
and vodaphone ....

The Orange and T-Mobile networks were styled as PCN, Personal
Communications Network, as if to distinguish them from the
"proper" 900MHz Cellnet & Vodafone. Mobile Telephones.

That was my perception anyway.

sounds right ...city networks .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 10:03, Brian Gaff wrote:
Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they might
have negotiated a deal by now.
Brian

you only have o2 voda 3 and ee these days
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 10:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff pretended :
Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they
might have negotiated a deal by now.

I understand if you do a 999, that can route through what ever mast it
can find, which suggests they do not share resources otherwise.

even without a sim card ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 10:09, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?

yip...you are a bit behind the times are you not? ...been like that for
years ,,,tee hee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 10:33:01 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 04/08/2019 10:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff pretended :
Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they
might have negotiated a deal by now.

I understand if you do a 999, that can route through what ever mast it
can find, which suggests they do not share resources otherwise.

Indeed it is a mystery as to why they dont. It is also a mystery as to
why they dont use wifi calling at every possible point.
ISP always transfer tpo spmeone elses network at the earliest possible
point.

Hardly a mystery. Why would anyone invest to improve their network
then allow their competitors to benefit?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Aug 2019 11:58:04 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 04/08/2019 10:09, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?

yip...you are a bit behind the times are you not? ...been like that for
years ,,,tee hee

Mot as behind the times as 'Mc/s'.

wish to copy them they can pay me ÂŁ1 a message.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry wrote:

Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?

Or nonexistent. They annoyed a lot of Orange subscibers after the
merger when they stopped using several Orange masts near Brecon, leaving
new holes in the coverage.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 14:08, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 04 Aug 2019 11:58:04 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

On 04/08/2019 10:09, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?

yip...you are a bit behind the times are you not? ...been like that for
years ,,,tee hee

Mot as behind the times as 'Mc/s'.

at least it describes frequency properly in cycles per second ....not
some foreign blokes name...stuff Heinrich and stupid SI units
......brexit will solve all those problems ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 15:41, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
at least it describes frequency properly in cycles per second ....not
some foreign blokes name...stuff Heinrich and stupid SI units
.....brexit will solve all those problems ...

The early workers in the field to whom should be given most of
the credit are long forgotten because they were celebrated
in the former c.g.s. system of units; Maxwell and Oersted.

(But I never found out who was Mr. Erg :-) )

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... explained on 04/08/2019 :
On 04/08/2019 10:09, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a local
EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all EE
masts?

yip...you are a bit behind the times are you not? ...been like that for years
,,,tee hee

Not only me, the experts too at - https://www.mastdata.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 10:03, Brian Gaff wrote:
Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they might
have negotiated a deal by now.
Brian

No. One of the MPs a couple of years ago (when free roaming was being
extended to data within plans throughout the EU) was talking about
forcing companies to enable internal roaming within the UK, but nothing
came of it.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2019 11:08, Brian Reay wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?

I would assume so, certainly when the merger was announced that was the
impression I got.

Except that when they merged, the decomissioned some masts and adjusted
the power of others up or down, to remove duplication, so you can't be
sure that that mast is even still operational. In doing so they managed
to isolate a very large business park around here, cutting off reception
for thousands of people who were tied into contracts with them!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 04 Aug 2019 10:09:14 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see

local EE one, but there is an Orange one.

https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?

Maybe... There is a cell near here with a notice on the door saying
"T-Mobile (UK)". The site and mast also has kit from Hutchison 3G
(aka 3) on it.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Harry Bloomfield
scribeth thus
As per the subject..

Does the EE mobile network use the Orange network masts please?

I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

Mast sharing is still quite the done thing and has been for years
Harry!..

Sure you know of this site just a couple of them here picked at Random..

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/gallery...73&pageid=2759

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/gallery...=10&pageid=873
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 08:42:46 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Try that again in english, even google translate doesn˘t do gobbledegook
yet.

Shut your senile gob and jump back into your roo's pouch where you escaped
from, senile Ozzie pest!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote on 04/08/2019 :
Except that when they merged, the decomissioned some masts and adjusted the
power of others up or down, to remove duplication, so you can't be sure that
that mast is even still operational. In doing so they managed to isolate a
very large business park around here, cutting off reception for thousands of
people who were tied into contracts with them!

So that map is probably well out of date, apart from the names?

One of the marked locations I have never spotted a mast, whereas the
other local one a T Mobile, on top of our local BT exchange which I
remember being installed, is now the operational EE mast?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer explained :
Mast sharing is still quite the done thing and has been for years
Harry!..

I am not clear on what they do, from a users perspective there is not
much information and a lot of out of date information like the map I
linked to.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 04/08/2019 10:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff pretended :
Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they
might have negotiated a deal by now.

I understand if you do a 999, that can route through what ever mast it
can find, which suggests they do not share resources otherwise.

Indeed it is a mystery as to why they dont.

It doesn't work.

The networks are sized for the numbers of subscribers they have. In a
universal roaming situation, everyone who can't get on their home network
will try to pick the strongest/closest base station. That means the mast
becomes overloaded and drops off the network, meaning all the phones now
seek out for the next strongest mast. Rinse and repeat. Result is that all
the base stations are knocked out - and the signal is worse for everyone,
not better.

To fix that would mean speccing base stations to take 4x the capacity they
currently have (in case subscribers from all the other networks roam to it).
Which costs more, and is more expensive than the other networks building
their own infrastructure on the same mast (and mast-sharing already happens
anyway).

It is also a mystery as to why they dont use wifi calling at every
possible point. ISP always transfer tpo spmeone elses network at the
earliest possible point.

Wifi calling is just a tunnel from the phone to the carrier. It isn't clear
that the complexity in wifi calling is less than the complexity of the LTE
network - and now the networks have to maintain two networks with capacity
to carry all their subscribers, not one.

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
Steve Walker wrote on 04/08/2019 :
Except that when they merged, the decomissioned some masts and adjusted the
power of others up or down, to remove duplication, so you can't be sure that
that mast is even still operational. In doing so they managed to isolate a
very large business park around here, cutting off reception for thousands of
people who were tied into contracts with them!

So that map is probably well out of date, apart from the names?

One of the marked locations I have never spotted a mast, whereas the
other local one a T Mobile, on top of our local BT exchange which I
remember being installed, is now the operational EE mast?

Ive found the map very unhelpful. I think mast positions are considered
too €ścommercially sensitive€ť to share with the hoi polloi these days.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 03:04:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

.....sorry scottish you know....

No excuse, you buggers were conquered centurys ago now.

****ed Australia was long used as a dumping ground for criminals, bankrupts,
and other undesirables from the British Isles, senile Rodent. You are
CLEARLY the offspring of one of those undesirables, you abnormal pest!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Theo" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 04/08/2019 10:11, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff pretended :
Do they not use each others resources though? I'd have thought they
might have negotiated a deal by now.

I understand if you do a 999, that can route through what ever mast it
can find, which suggests they do not share resources otherwise.

Indeed it is a mystery as to why they dont.

It doesn't work.

The networks are sized for the numbers of subscribers they have.
In a universal roaming situation, everyone who can't get on their
home network will try to pick the strongest/closest base station.
That means the mast becomes overloaded and drops off the network,

Nope, it just reject new connection requests.

meaning all the phones now seek out for
the next strongest mast. Rinse and repeat.

Doesn’t work like that.

Result is that all the base stations are knocked out

Doesn’t happen.

- and the signal is worse for everyone, not better.

Or that.

To fix that would mean speccing base stations to take 4x the capacity they
currently have (in case subscribers from all the other networks roam to
it).
Which costs more, and is more expensive than the other networks building
their own infrastructure on the same mast (and mast-sharing already
happens
anyway).

It is also a mystery as to why they dont use wifi calling at every
possible point. ISP always transfer tpo spmeone elses network at the
earliest possible point.

Wifi calling is just a tunnel from the phone to the carrier. It isn't
clear
that the complexity in wifi calling is less than the complexity of the LTE
network - and now the networks have to maintain two networks with capacity
to carry all their subscribers, not one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 08:59:22 +1000, Sewer, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH the pathological auto-contradicting senile asshole's latest
auto-contradicting session

little ignorant ****."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/19 19:47, Steve Walker wrote:
On 04/08/2019 11:08, Brian Reay wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
Brian Reay explained :
I'm just trying to decide where our local mast is and cannot see a
local EE one, but there is an Orange one. https://www.mastdata.com/

EE was formed when T Mobile and Orange joined up/ merged.

So masts marked on that map as Orange and / or T Mobile will now be all
EE masts?

I would assume so, certainly when the merger was announced that was the
impression I got.

Except that when they merged, the decomissioned some masts and adjusted
the power of others up or down, to remove duplication, so you can't be
sure that that mast is even still operational. In doing so they managed
to isolate a very large business park around here, cutting off reception
for thousands of people who were tied into contracts with them!

SteveW

I don't doubt it.

The coverage claims of the various operators can be somewhat
'optimistic' based on comments I've heard from various people. We were
given a 'pico node' when, despite claims to the contrary by our
provider, I demonstrated we didn't have coverage at our house. They've
since made changes and we have good coverage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2019 15:50, Brian Reay wrote:
On 04/08/19 19:47, Steve Walker wrote:
On 04/08/2019 11:08, Brian Reay wrote:
Harry Bloomfield, Esq. wrote:
Brian Reay explained :
[...]

What made it worse, was the the park is home to a number of companies
(with employees numbering in the thousands) with much of their work done
for another location with thousands there too. People move back and
forth for meetings or even for months at a time for site work. For a
couple of years EE (and only EE) worked at site, while it wouldn't work
at all at the other office base!

SteveW

tv aerial masts Stephen[_19_] UK diy 39 July 1st 17 12:08 PM
Stainless dish masts Windmill[_5_] UK diy 20 October 8th 13 11:14 AM
How to find Voda mobile phone masts Peter Scott UK diy 21 January 18th 10 03:43 PM
What kinds of plywood do you usually use ? What end use do you use plywood for ? Mason Pan Woodworking 12 September 13th 07 01:41 AM
What is web site where I can enquire about phone masts, flood plain etc? Mike Mitchell UK diy 41 July 20th 04 01:15 PM