Old June 13th 19, 05:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building regs and fire safety reform

Seen elsewhe

MHCLG and the Home Office have released these...

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...ulatory-system

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...l-for-evidence

Owain

Old June 13th 19, 05:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...ulatory-system

How come there several categories of building which have more fires per
1,000 buildings between 11 and 18m tall than there are for all buildings
in the category regardless of height?

Old June 13th 19, 05:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Seen elsewhe

MHCLG and the Home Office have released these...

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...ulatory-system

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...l-for-evidence

Owain

not required in the near of Scotland...we sorted all that out after the
tower block fire in Irvine ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40406057

Old June 13th 19, 05:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...land-cladding/

Old June 13th 19, 05:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

wrote in message
Seen elsewhe

MHCLG and the Home Office have released these...

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...ulatory-system

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...l-for-evidence

Owain

not required in the near of Scotland...we sorted all that out after the
tower block fire in Irvine ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40406057

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...land-cladding/

just what were you English playing at? ......

Old June 13th 19, 05:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/06/2019 17:28, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consul...ulatory-system

How come there several categories of building which have more fires per
1,000 buildings between 11 and 18m tall than there are for all buildings
*in the category regardless of height?

It would help to know just which figures you have in mind. But footnote
29 to para 33 seemed to me a reasonable explanation:

"29 The analysis was designed to explore the relative rate of fires
across different types of building and did not take into account the
number of individual dwellings or occupants within each building.
Therefore, although some building types have higher rates of fires than
others this is likely to be because of the higher occupancy rates in
larger buildings."

--
Robin

Old June 14th 19, 08:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

As usual, not really well publicised so the main people who will respond are
those with a vested interest of some kind.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Old June 14th 19, 08:37 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Statistical problems I'd suggest. I was looking the other day about
fatalities in different sized buildings and it seems caravans and temporary
buildings are far more dangerous than massive high rise flats.
Brian

--
----- --