Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steps for rear doors into garden - building regs

I'd be grateful for any pointers to the relevant regs covering external
steps from back doors (one conventional, one patio) into a garden. I've
looked online but for some reason can't find exactly the information I'm
after.

The drop involved is 24" / 600mm and the steps will be going onto a garden
surface which currently is grassed but will eventually be paved, so there's
a possibility that whatever steps are built now will eventually have to be
replaced if they can't be removed, adapted and refitted.

There will be two separate sets of steps, the widest around 39" / 1m. These
steps are from a recently-built rear extension and the work can't be signed
off until they're done, so I need to know if (for example) side handrails
and bannister-type railings are necessary, and also any standards regarding
materials and strength.

Many thanks.

Garden steps regs? Bert Coules UK diy 6 July 22nd 17 06:07 PM
Garden steps regs? Bert Coules UK diy 1 July 21st 17 05:10 PM
We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Ownership 0 February 19th 09 08:45 AM
We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Repair 0 February 19th 09 08:41 AM
help pls! Building regs re doors and steps Jim UK diy 2 March 31st 06 10:06 PM