Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steps for rear doors into garden - building regs

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message

Walking through a recently-built estate near me, I was noticing
that many, but not all, the houses appeared to have level access
to their front doors. One than had a ramp for several metres, at
which point there was 90 degree turn with a set of steps. ??

doesn't have to be the front door .....

That may be the case, but why do this?

https://goo.gl/maps/nVZUp1FxQfHo4ZZB8

Likely they recon it looks better and the unstable
can use the walls instead of what they consider
to be unsightly rails/balustrades or something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 07:15:12 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Likely they recon it looks better and the unstable
can use the walls instead of what they consider
to be unsightly rails/balustrades or something.

Oh, ****! ...and this thread was Rodent-free, so far! Or were you posting
already under another nym, senile Rodent? BG

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Garden steps regs? Bert Coules UK diy 6 July 22nd 17 06:07 PM
Garden steps regs? Bert Coules UK diy 1 July 21st 17 05:10 PM
We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Ownership 0 February 19th 09 08:45 AM
We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Repair 0 February 19th 09 08:41 AM
help pls! Building regs re doors and steps Jim UK diy 2 March 31st 06 10:06 PM