Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine door seal repair

The cylindrical part of the door seal on my Samsung washing machine is
punctured. I need a quick fix while we wait for the replacement, but I
don't know what particular plastic it is. To source a patch I have a
local wetsuit shop, a local bicycle repair shop, gaffer tape and (non
fabric)duct tape. Suggestions please.

--
take the dog out to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2019 13:23, Mike wrote:

The cylindrical part of the door seal on my Samsung washing machine is
punctured. I need a quick fix while we wait for the replacement, but I
don't know what particular plastic it is. To source a patch I have a
local wetsuit shop, a local bicycle repair shop, gaffer tape and (non
fabric)duct tape. Suggestions please.

--
take the dog out to email me.

it will be synthetoc rubber - neoprene - so a camping or diving shop
seems best

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Wrote in message:

The cylindrical part of the door seal on my Samsung washing machine is
punctured. I need a quick fix while we wait for the replacement, but I
don't know what particular plastic it is. To source a patch I have a
local wetsuit shop, a local bicycle repair shop, gaffer tape and (non
fabric)duct tape. Suggestions please.

--
take the dog out to email me.

Sticks like sh1t or other ms polymer adhesive - Toolsatan,
screwfux et al.

Clean both sides of the punctire, degrease with meths. Apply
adhesive to both sides and cover an inch say around the puncture
onto "good" seal.

Could outlast the machine! :-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:23:40 +0100, Mike wrote:

The cylindrical part of the door seal on my Samsung washing machine is
punctured. I need a quick fix while we wait for the replacement, but I
don't know what particular plastic it is. To source a patch I have a
local wetsuit shop, a local bicycle repair shop, gaffer tape and (non
fabric)duct tape. Suggestions please.

Burn it!

(Google "burn test plastic". Once you know what it is, you can get the right
adhesive...)

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike wrote:

The cylindrical part of the door seal on my Samsung washing machine
is punctured.

Can you turn it around so the puncture is at the top?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike wrote:

The cylindrical part of the door seal on my Samsung washing machine
is punctured.

Can you turn it around so the puncture is at the top?

Long ago I had a front loader with a big hole in the top of the tub at the back. It never leaked noticeably.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2019 21:02, Brian Gaff wrote:
I think I'd try the puncture repair first on the back side so to speak.
Brian

Agreed. I'd also try and refit it so the (repaired) hole is at the top.
The last one I replaced (in fact, I think the both the ones I've
replaced) would fit any way up, or alignment- it was just the retaining
wire (which went on later) which had a particular right way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:41:31 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

On 18/04/2019 21:02, Brian Gaff wrote:
I think I'd try the puncture repair first on the back side so to speak.
Brian

Agreed. I'd also try and refit it so the (repaired) hole is at the top.
The last one I replaced (in fact, I think the both the ones I've
replaced) would fit any way up, or alignment- it was just the retaining
wire (which went on later) which had a particular right way.

Some of them have an internal drain hole at the bottom.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 19 April 2019 21:35:54 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 15:41:31 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:
On 18/04/2019 21:02, Brian Gaff wrote:

I think I'd try the puncture repair first on the back side so to speak.
Brian

Agreed. I'd also try and refit it so the (repaired) hole is at the top.
The last one I replaced (in fact, I think the both the ones I've
replaced) would fit any way up, or alignment- it was just the retaining
wire (which went on later) which had a particular right way.

Some of them have an internal drain hole at the bottom.

To prevent buildup of scum & mould. Livewithoutable if you must, just wipe it clean on occasion.

NT