Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bulb Seal/Bubble Seal/O-Seal

I need to replace a lot of the seals on my conservatory, as part of a
complete makeover. It's a wooden lean-to style.

So far, the closest thing I've found to my existing seals is these:
http://www.lorientuk.com/products/in...-si-bulb-seal/

They fit into a 2mm groove in the wood.

I generally like to find more than one example of something I need, before
buying, to make sure I don't pay well over the odds, but I cannot seem to
find anything else like this. Terminology could be the bid issue, as the
original assembly instructions call it an O-ring seal. A guy in B&Q called
it bubble seal, and then on Lorient's site, I see it called bulb seal.

I've tried the obvious places that pop up on a Google. Does anyone know of
any more obscure suppliers who may do such a seal? So far, my lines of
enquiry are emails to Lorient distributors, who do not have online stores.

Cheers

JW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Whitworth wrote:
[...]

Aquamac make a range of door and window seals

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've tried the obvious places that pop up on a Google. Does anyone know of
any more obscure suppliers who may do such a seal? So far, my lines of
enquiry are emails to Lorient distributors, who do not have online stores.

Cheers

JW

Many years ago I used to buy a lot of extrusions from this
company.Don`t know what they`re like now but glazing seals were a big
part of their business.

D J Profiles
15 Stafford Park
Telford
Shropshire
TF3 3BB
01952 290303

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So far, the closest thing I've found to my existing seals is these:http://www.lorientuk.com/products/in...al-seals/1000-...

They fit into a 2mm groove in the wood.

I generally like to find more than one example of something I need, before
buying, to make sure I don't pay well over the odds, but I cannot seem to
find anything else like this. Terminology could be the bid issue, as the
original assembly instructions call it an O-ring seal. A guy in B&Q called
it bubble seal, and then on Lorient's site, I see it called bulb seal.

I've tried the obvious places that pop up on a Google. Does anyone know of
any more obscure suppliers who may do such a seal? So far, my lines of
enquiry are emails to Lorient distributors, who do not have online stores.

Cheers

JW

http://www.reddiseals.com/seals/silp...ber-seals.html

click on the pics to zoom in to id the one you want..

Jim K