djay

Default to seal or not to seal that is the question

Okay,

The B & C (that's ball & chain) had me recolor the grout between the kitchen
countertop tiles. It was a charcoal and then colored to "sand" and some of
the "sand" colorant had worn away leaving a mix of charcoal and "sand"
color. I succumbed to the B & C and recolored over the charcoal grout with
the "sand" colorant.

Now the big question....

To better protect this colorant, can I use a tile/grout sealant? I have a
water based polymer sealer that would work but I'm not sure if it would be
wise to use it in this application. The sealer would be more common used on
the tiles in the bathroom. What do you think?

Thanks,

DJay

tom

mind again, anyway... Tom

djay

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
mind again, anyway... Tom

At this point I just want the colorant to last! PLUS I could use it as a
great excuse to NOT change the color!?

James \Cubby\ Culbertson

I'm not sure the sealer will add much in the way of physical protection
although it might.
You should be sealing grout anyway to prevent stains and moisture
penetration.
Cheers,
cc

"djay" wrote in message
Okay,

The B & C (that's ball & chain) had me recolor the grout between the
kitchen countertop tiles. It was a charcoal and then colored to "sand"
and some of the "sand" colorant had worn away leaving a mix of charcoal
and "sand" color. I succumbed to the B & C and recolored over the
charcoal grout with the "sand" colorant.

Now the big question....

To better protect this colorant, can I use a tile/grout sealant? I have a
water based polymer sealer that would work but I'm not sure if it would be
wise to use it in this application. The sealer would be more common used
on the tiles in the bathroom. What do you think?

Thanks,

DJay

Jennifer

djay wrote:

To better protect this colorant, can I use a tile/grout sealant?

Everything I've read indicates that all grout should be sealed, and
re-sealed every few years. Next time, maybe try a colored grout sealant
like the one from AquaMix. (http://www.aquamix.com/gckit.htm) Take care
of both tasks at once

--
Jennifer

Yet another tub caulking question (sorry!) -this time about color MAG Home Repair 1 August 2nd 04 02:52 AM
new foundation question oreo123 Home Repair 11 July 20th 04 10:41 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Repair 6 March 26th 04 01:23 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM