RDOC

Default Oil Seal

I have a Briggs and Stratton Lawn Mower with a 6 horsepower gasoline
motor and the oil seal is leaking. How do I repair it? What are the
steps that I have to do?
Thanks
Stormin Mormon

There is a vent on the side of the motor, wh ich helps keep the crank case
pressure down. On most B and S motors, it is about an inch wide, and three
inches tall. Two small bolts (5/16 wrench) hold the vent on.

Take this off (careful, the gasket under it) and clean it out with solvent.
Let us know if it still leaks.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus