Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Belt sander

I know you get what you pay for but how bad can ancient tech nohow be:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOCHE-730...90r:rk:38:pf:0
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 01:31:50 UTC, Weatherlawyer wrote:

I know you get what you pay for but how bad can ancient tech nohow be:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOCHE-730...90r:rk:38:pf:0

I don't know Voche. Some of the worst power tools only make the guarantee year if you hardly use them. My Aldi belt grinder overheats after 10 minutes or so. Hope it's not a rebadged red devil.

And that is in no way ancient tech. Any ancient tool that still survives should run for many years yet if you can tolerate its limitations.

If you're hard up enough to want to buy junk, why not make a belt sander from wood scrap.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/03/2019 01:38, wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 01:31:50 UTC, Weatherlawyer wrote:

I know you get what you pay for but how bad can ancient tech nohow
be:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOCHE-730...90r:rk:38:pf:0

I don't know Voche. Some of the worst power tools only make the
guarantee year if you hardly use them. My Aldi belt grinder overheats
after 10 minutes or so. Hope it's not a rebadged red devil.

Yup, many low end belt sanders are really quite astonishingly bad...

Many suffer with mechanical components made from plastic that really
ought to be metal, so you can't get the belt to track properly when new,
and not at all once its more than a few months old.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 13:31:09 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 05/03/2019 01:38, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 01:31:50 UTC, Weatherlawyer wrote:

I know you get what you pay for but how bad can ancient tech nohow
be:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOCHE-730...90r:rk:38:pf:0

I don't know Voche. Some of the worst power tools only make the
guarantee year if you hardly use them. My Aldi belt grinder overheats
after 10 minutes or so. Hope it's not a rebadged red devil.

Yup, many low end belt sanders are really quite astonishingly bad...

Many suffer with mechanical components made from plastic that really
ought to be metal, so you can't get the belt to track properly when new,
and not at all once its more than a few months old.

I've not met any that bad. The Aldi's had a middling amount of use, just needs 10 mins to cool off every 10 mins, so I now also have better ones. In that case the op probably shouldn't buy anything at a distance without getting to see one first.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Works fine with those that do free returns and quite a few do now.

Corse no doubt you pay for that in the purchase price if you keep it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 08:44:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Works fine with those that do free returns and quite a few do now.

Corse no doubt you pay for that in the purchase price if you keep it.

Nobody was talking to you, obnoxious senile Ozzie cretin!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID: