Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Belt sander

On 05/03/2019 01:38, wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 01:31:50 UTC, Weatherlawyer wrote:

I know you get what you pay for but how bad can ancient tech nohow
be:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOCHE-730...90r:rk:38:pf:0

I don't know Voche. Some of the worst power tools only make the
guarantee year if you hardly use them. My Aldi belt grinder overheats
after 10 minutes or so. Hope it's not a rebadged red devil.

Yup, many low end belt sanders are really quite astonishingly bad...

Many suffer with mechanical components made from plastic that really
ought to be metal, so you can't get the belt to track properly when new,
and not at all once its more than a few months old.

--
Cheers,

John.