molander

Default HELP !!!!!!! I need a drive belt for an old Stanley Belt sander.

Hi,
The beltsander is a 3" Heavy Duty one Model # H-31A.The drive belt I
need is only 6" long #MS 1774. If anyone can give me a supplier for
these belts I would much appreciate it, the one I'm using is about to
break.

Thanks
Marc
Wilson Lamb

Take it to W.W. Grainger, if you have one.
Also a car parts place can get it.
Don't bother with the number.
Wilson
"molander" wrote in message
m...
Hi,
The beltsander is a 3" Heavy Duty one Model # H-31A.The drive belt I
need is only 6" long #MS 1774. If anyone can give me a supplier for
these belts I would much appreciate it, the one I'm using is about to
break.

Thanks
Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

replying to molander, Adam wrote:
I need the same belt! Any luck finding a replacement?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...an-154755-.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/22/2017 9:44 AM, Adam wrote:
replying to molander, Adam wrote:
I need the same belt! Any luck finding a replacement?

For sure. When he posted this in 2003, he found a guy who had a gross
of them sitting on the shelf for $1.99 each. No big market so he
probably still has them FOURTEEN YEARS LATER, but they've all
disintegrated with dry rot!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, September 26, 2003 at 6:29:59 PM UTC-5, molander wrote:
Hi,
The beltsander is a 3" Heavy Duty one Model # H-31A.The drive belt I
need is only 6" long #MS 1774. If anyone can give me a supplier for
these belts I would much appreciate it, the one I'm using is about to
break.

Thanks
Marc

Marc, simply measure the belt (Length and width, V,cog, etc) which is easy now that its broken and go looking at the sites that sell belts and you will find something like http://www.vbeltsupply.com/

Call them and tell them what you need. Then post back here, as there are others wanting this belt.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dr. Deb" writes:
On Friday, September 26, 2003 at 6:29:59 PM UTC-5, molander wrote:
Hi,
The beltsander is a 3" Heavy Duty one Model # H-31A.The drive belt I
need is only 6" long #MS 1774. If anyone can give me a supplier for
these belts I would much appreciate it, the one I'm using is about to
break.

Thanks
Marc

Marc, simply measure the belt (Length and width, V,cog, etc) which is easy now that its broken and go looking at the sites that sell belts and you will find something like http://www.vbeltsupply.com/

Marc gave up after waiting fourteen years for your response.